Thanks - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #41
K & D Action Photo
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I will say from my experience you couldnt ask for a better indoor venue! Nearly no fumes, (I have raced a few indoor places including CRCRC, which does make you cough a little). It was a perfect setup, GEEZ an upstairs lounge with a plasma screen and windows to see the track!!....Awesome!

The track looked good, and of course I have some photo's of CCYSF (chuck, chuck you silly !!) buggy, truggy in some positions that are not condusive to racing an RC Vehicle.....LIKE ON ITS LID!! (chuck only jokin, and thanks for picking up some photos)
K & D Action Photo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #42
RCC Contributor

Great Event!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank MATT and everyone who helped put this event together and opertate it. It was fantastic!!
A special thanks for the opportunity to vend and show off the goods to all the racers. It was rewarding to hear how having JOHNS HOBBIES being there, with the right parts, saved the weekend for quite a few drivers.
My bonus was getting some track time and the oportunity to's been two years since I've but the metal to the test...but this race helped clean the rust off me...and making the 'A' in Monster truck was way unexpected. Highlights for me include winning a buggy heat that I wasn't supposed to be racing in!! lol...pit guy had me race one heat early and then my tires came apart in my actual heat (slamming the door shut on my qualifying out of the bottom half of the alphabet.) None the less, I HAD A BLAST!!

This reads like an OSCAR acceptance speech...bla bla bla
and lastly I want express my appreciation to Papa Howells( Huge HUGE help to me) he had an awesome pit tent with a buffet (tons of food) which included a microwave oven!! Thanks Rob, Shawn, Squirt and everyone who gave me a helping hand...its the people that make a event like this memorable!!

I'll look foward to doing it again....class act!!

Home of the RadioControlMonsterPatrol
Proud Sponsor of RCTV

Rare R/C Parts

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #43
RCC Contributor

Thumbs up Hats off 2 you

I must send out a big Thankyou to you roger for lending me those 2 tire nuts seconds befor the main. You just cant get it any better than that
I didnt do all that well cause i started late, but better than not running at all!!!!!!!!!If i can ever help you please ask and i will do whatever i can
Thanks again
Vokal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #44
RCC Junior Contributor

would like to extend a BIG thanks from Team Glenwood.
we had more fun than last year,and are already looking forward to next year.

track ws tight. my 4 wheel electric and gas truck were off the hook!!!!!
GOOD JOB to all that helped . my only regret is that i couldnt help out on the mic more often

thanks once again
Team Glenwood
Glenwood R/C track and store owner
DOCTORDREW is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #45
RCC Junior Contributor

yeah , matt and crew , thanks for the great venue. great to get crackin at 1/8 scale early ! my only regret is that drew and i couldnt get more time to help out on the mic. that really would make for a long day to sit up there like you did. again , thanks.
bellinger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #46
RCC Noob

Well iv got to say this past weekend was one of the best high lights of my life !!!
IM glad my first indoor offroad experiene was something ill never forget.
Thx Vic and Don for a place to stay and play cards was fun !
The track was just wicked,really was nice i couldn't have asked for more.
The whole event was run very smooth thx Vic,Matt,Jim and anyone ealse involved for providing such a great event at a great location i will be back next year for sure !!!
Was cool puting faces to names i only no from forums,this event for me provided more than just a recing experience but also a chance to meet people who are willing to help each other and just over all happy to be there.
I hope to have less things break on my buggy next time and run a bit better just have to keep listing to Rick Endler and im sure i will provide some great racing in time.
Thx again for the awesome weekend really was wicked !!!
JRegier is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #47
The real deal behind the wheel

Thank guys

The race was great thanks to all the guys who worked...I was there but I honestly didnt do all that much since i got there late....Oh well we did wht we could and the track turned out awesome!!!

My weekend went great till the end... Ended up quallifiying 5th in the buggy A with the brand new Xray 808 first time I ever drove it! It was all that and more!! ended up with a faulty reciever pack in the main_bad_ oh well

Truggy quallifying was rough for me...first round reciever pack wasnt charged (took the wrong one!) 2nd the wheel nuts were too new and one just walked off...(locktite managed to fix that for the next runs) resort put me in he..ll.. where i had to run around everyone to squeeze a good qually in...Well that didnt work 1st in the C bumped to the B and with starting in the back i only managed to move up to 5th ..witch was ok but I shoulda (shoulda coulda woulda) did better off the hop..oh well

The GO engines ran awesome and didnt skip a beat alll weekend very very pleased with them and I look forward to the season to come!!

Thanks to Jason Reiger for helping me out in the pits and to Darko and Ben for helping me out a bit after I ragged them out....I was pretty sick all weekend and a lil edgy..long nights and being sick weighed pretty hard on me cant wait for outdoors bring on the sun!!_good_

And to those of you I pissed off at the door when it was closed Friday and clearly labeled closed and you were an hour early wanting in..... I just thaught it was getting a lil ridiculous talking about what was already posted on the forums and since we were trying to get everything done inside for this big event in a timely fashion. My fuse was as short as yours standing in the rain so we obviously bumped heads. Id say sorry but honestly it should have never even got there since im usually on a pretty even keel. Next year read the forum and dont expect to get in we had a fiasco last year with people setting up early and we want to keep it consistant with this years rules.

All in all i think it worked out great.. Cheers to Matt and Vic and all the track crew and build up guys one heck of a job!!

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #48
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Talking great time

i had a great time like i always do when was also nice to see alot of new faces & drivers this year.also thanks mattt an family,vino an family for always doing there best for the rc scene.there was some great great racin.for all the top drivers out there dus far,watch out because there's some up an comin fast guys that are looking to take ur spots this year.thanks again for a great race an nuff nuff respect goes out to all that helped with this race.
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.