nitro vs electric - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by khmerdawg View Post
What is better and more reliable but especially more fun.
Well it also depends on your application.. What are you looking at getting?
My Garage

Empty... lets keep it that way....
Speed_City is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
RCC Noob

on road or off road?
JReinhart is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #13
RCC Noob

Originally Posted by khmerdawg View Post
What is better and more reliable but especially more fun.
Sooner or later, you will get into them both. Time will tell .
Speedpass is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice

Originally Posted by brent-kyle View Post
lol, 1 of each,
i would deffinatly go with NITRO, more fun.
id say the same
Schmidt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #15

The break down.....

Think of it this way........

To get into electric you will have to decide if you want RTR or a Kit....If you want a RTR I would suggest a E-Savage,they are a good quick basher AND it comes with 2 Batt's & a decent charger(will charge both packs at same time....but will have to either charge off 1/1 car Batt or get a........(having a brain fart)....the voltage change thingy)

If you want a Kit you will more than likly need.......ESC,motor,Batt's,Charger,RX/TX....after you buy the car of course
However.....YES....Batt's last longer than fuel,and once fuel is gone it's gone.But if you are going to buy Batt's your going to want at least 3000mah-3200mah & up.They will run about $40 & up EACH.Chargers are about $100 & up for good chargers that you more than likly wont be looking to get rid of for a number of year's.Low turn electric motors are fast.....but tend to not last long,also most should be broken it.
Brushless is THE only way to go as far as I am cost's more but makes Brushed set up's look like Relics,if you want electric THIS is the way to go(if you can afford it)

To get into nitro you have to decide...Kit/RTR....I suggest may just need fuel,reciever pack(Batt for inside truck)& 8AA's for the controller......worse case you will need a glow igniter.

Most hobby shops will go thru the engine break-in prosses with you whitch will be a BIG help.

No for the *ty stuff about nitro.....they get filthy quick,due to exhaust resadue(sp*?).....the engines need to be taken care of and kept clean,stock up on glow plugs..around $8+ each,engines will eventually wear out(how soon depends on you)and will cost from $40-$100 to re-build.Tuning is a pain in the ass

I have had 2 brushless vehicles and sold them.All I have now is nitro' all the worth it?I think it's well worth it:GRIN:

Will I get another brushless?......yup,brushless is Bat Crazy fast!!!

Also I might just add if your going to bash,nitro's are just plain built stronger.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor

So the best of both world's is to take a nitro buggy and convert it to brushless. It's clean, fast, and simple plug and play.

I am doing race director duties and don't have much time to diddle with tuning on a race day. I like being able to plug and play. I just clean the rc when I am done and even clean up takes less time.

I think brushless is the future of rc. you can run indoors without being fumigated and no noise complaints. This also means more tracks can be placed in areas that were once considered impossible due to noise and smoke.

I was a die hard nitro guy until this year. Now I have 4 brushless/lipo rc's
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #17
RCC Junior Contributor

1/5 scale 29 fuelie all the way............if your going to make may as well make lots....go big or go home...just my $.02
imported_Gunner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #18
RCC Pro Contributor

Let's line them up! :GRIN: I'm willing to run my cars against any scale nitro or gas.
I'm up for a drag race on dirt or asphalt.
10th scale 4wd Brushless + LiPo
8th scale 4wd Brushless + LiPo (will be ready soon)
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #19
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re line them up

you have a good idea there steve,

we should set up a drag racing day on a nice smooth freshly paved parking lot.

everyone can bring out there nitros, brushless and gassers and we can do a king of the quarter mile type of thing. standing starts head up no this guy gets 7 lengths head start crap like on pinks

im into it for sure. i know ill be leaving my nitros at home and just bring my brushless stuff. better chance of being the king that
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: m p

After seeing that Baja video showing off, this would be a fun event actually

I still don't think many will beat a 7700 with 3S or 4S! Yes that's beyond the specifications but if someone wants to really make a fast car this would be it.

That or some creation Abieye would come up with.
Losi 22
Galaxy Hobby - Alexei Tuning
entilza is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.