New 8th Scale Buggy Tires from Twister Tires - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
New 8th Scale Buggy Tires from Twister Tires

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just wanted to share the new shoes with everyone. I just got a box of tires. I have both the Adherence and the Sticky tires. I have 4 sets total, one set of each type in soft and super soft... with another set of soft in each coming. I am not trying to sell them so don't worry. I am offering anyone the chance to try out a set though and if you like them you can bug your local hobby shop, or order direct from Twister Tires yourself like I did. At $20US a pair, pre mounted on white or yellow dish rims, they are a bargain.

I have heard nothing but good things about these tires, great grip and last a long time. The inserts are firm, and I believe molded. The thing I really like is they have allready put the holes in the rubber part of the tire so centrifugal force tosses the water and crap out. Now no worries about damaging the foam by drilling in. The Adherence is a similar tread pattern to a Crime Fighter, and the sticky is unique; reminds me of a knuckle but some lugs are open and there's those arrows. I didn't see a pic when I ordered, but these are being used on clay tracks with good success. the tread will last forever if they work as well as I have heard....

here's some pics

Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

They look good. For $20.00 a pair, maybe I'll join ya mate!

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

I took the box of tires to the track yesterday and handed out the Sticky tires to a bunch of different guys to try out. Guys tried both the soft and super soft compound on a clay track (as these bizarre treads are supposed to be made for clay) and on many different types of buggies.

Consensus is these tires are hooked. One set Fernando wouldn't let me have back at the end of the day (we were fellow Xray drivers last year and pit together, even if he drives a Losi this year we are still friends), and only 1 driver preferred his Holeshots over the Sticky. A set of Holeshots is worn out at the end of a day basically, and you can't even see wear on the super soft Sticky from a day of being passed around.

I am going to run the Super Softs now myself, and I bet the set lasts most of the season, not just a weekend.

I ran 2 laps with the Soft Adherence on but I pulled off to try the Sticky set right away. I know a few guys that are placing their orders for tires now
Old 05-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #4
RCC Apprentice

do they have a web site?
REDNECK7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor

Ya, Ya I know, I see the carnage, but it's still race-able. Isn't it?
imported_Izzy-Racing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor

I had 2 but 1 computer died a coupledays ago. is my msn

I busted my RC8 first qualifierlast weekend when battery came unplugged (fixed that problem for good now) and lent out my tires to someone else and he ran them for the rest of the day. Another person loving the tires. Those Sticky tires really hook up on clay tracks well and still show no sign of wear.

Next weekend is the first RC Pro race on a a loamy dirt track so I get to try out the Adherence tires. I can't wait to see how they perform there.

I'd suggest the super softs. the soft compound will last forever, but for serious traction, the super soft is the tire. I have both compounds. For practice I will use the softs, then swap to the SS for traction.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.