Pre-sorted qualifying rounds? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
good points mike

hey maybe we should try fastest single lap style like nascar, would be a lot of cheering and jeering going on!!! each guys gets 3 laps to put down his best, would get through quals fast, can you imagine it, some open practice then quick round of 3 lap runs individualy then onto the mains, never seen it done, might be fun, would definately see some crazy driving with guys trying to get that fast lap!
its unrelated, but i've been scheming and dreaming of just TRYING this type of thing, JUST ONCE to see how it would go.

How about an open track, 10 drivers on the stand max., marshalling duties to follow your run... you have 3 minutes to get your absolute fastest lap down. Of course, there has to be some warmup procedure figured out to get motors to temp, otherwise it would be a bugger to get a tune going. You would almost have to have a warmup area, like an oval or something.
Sessions would be shorter by far, so having three or maybe even four of these rounds in one day might be doable.. or maybe even more at a small venue.
Is there any scoring software that can support such a venture? Maybe we can convince someone to give it a try.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #12
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

Total Props: 0
the rc scoring pro software that i think all events are being run with have this built in, the organiser only needs to know how to set it up, pretty easy and i am sure the glorcs guys will help as needed, maybe put toogether a quick set up guide for the event organisers regarding timing and scoring
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
i would like to see random qualifiers, maybe i should start a thread about racing eticate and procedures so we all can learn! what do you think?
yes please.
i also just started a thread with some tuning tips in the hopes to get open discussions going to help anyone interested in reading it.
I would also love to see driving technique discussed. I know very little about it, but with anything, technique is ALWAYS the difference between average and above average, no matter how well you drive without that knowledge.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor

Although 'newbies' are more prone to bumpin' each other, sooooome of us are already well on our way to driving in better mains, and just because the track owner/organizer doesn't know us, he shouldn't just assume we can't drive competitively...and cleanly.

As an example, I'm certain that if I 'lucked out' and got a solid qualifying field, I would place better by the re-sort. I KNOW that if I was racing with Parent, Endler, Henry, Flegel, Devries, etc, I would NOT be interfering with their run. I respect the better driver, and would gladly announce my intentions to let them through.

There will be MUCH arguments over this topic, but I have to take the position of 'newbie who can drive' on this topic.

Regardless...I LOVE RACING!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

There is a expert bump and run driver on here. He's so good you apologise for getting in his way. LOL!

If everyone raced like they would like to be raced. That would help. Unless you like being punted all around the track.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.