Track Maintenance - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Track Maintenance

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just my thoughts

but.........It really gets on my nerves that it seems that the same people every week are doing most if not all of the work on the track.

I know personally i do from 1-2hrs every time I am out before i even start my MT up. and there are others that do the same.

This track is used by many people but maintained by few. I will give an example in case you werent out this past and about 6 others (usually the same guys/gals from any other weekend) did some changes to the track later in the day......after showing up early and doing some raking of the corners and other stuff........while i know of at least 3-5 people that are there probally more through the week then my once a week.......sat there and kinda messed around with there vehicles for a bit then after about 1hr they left since i guess they didnt want to wait anymore for us to do all the work so they can have a nice track to run on.

I just dont understand WTF is up with you people. And then you have the balls to complain about the condition of the track .........well pick up a * rake and shovel and go fix it. If you use the track at least put some effort into it. Do you think I (and others) want to spend 1/2 our time there cleaning up the track instead of running on it.......If everyone would do say a 1/2 hour each time they showed up the track would always been in good condition.

if you and your friends show up go pick a corner each and go rake it. If you say there are no rakes then bring one or ask to use one that someone else brought (there are a few of us that bring them)

There was a guy that i never saw there before on monday so after raking a bit i walked up to him and said here its your turn go pick a corner.......and off he did no questions asked because he has respect for the track and the work it take for the upkeep.

So to you peps that DO work around the track..........and you know who you are.....mad respect for ya all

For you peps that DONT do * all but tear up the track .............. learn what these 2 words mean because respect is earned not given out

Main Entry: up·keep
Pronunciation: \ˈəp-ˌkçp\
Function: noun
Date: 1884
1 : the act of maintaining in good condition : the state of being maintained in good condition
2 : the cost of maintaining in good condition

Pronunciation: (mOOch), [key] Slang.

1. to borrow (a small item or amount) without intending to return or repay it.
2. to get or take with at another's expense; sponge: He always mooches cigarettes.
3. to beg.
4. to steal.

1. to skulk or sneak.
2. to loiter or wander about.

Also,mooch'er.a person who mooches. Also,mouch.
Rescue is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

I can't tell you how many times I have posted like this.

Most times it actually had the opposite effect of what I was hoping for. In fact I don't even ask for help anymore. I have a group of guys that email or call me they want to come up and help out with the track. For this they all pretty much have unlimited use of my track and the pride of putting something back into the hobby.

I came to learn that I actually prefer to do the work myself rather than have people watch me work. Don't let the bitterness ruin it for you things will not change, as soon as you accept it you will focus on the ones that help and charge the ones who do not.

If you need some tubing PM me I have a whole bunch of solid tubing all for free!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
revo 3.3
RCC Apprentice

Hey all would not have a problem helping with the track, but were is it, is it in barrie ?????, let me know will be there to help and run. New rule have to help to run.

REVO 3.3
revo 3.3 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
RCC Contributor

I hear ya!!

Although we are new this year and just starting out building a track here in Orangeville, I have already noticed a couple of guys just watch and wait.

Hopefully they soon step up to the plate and chip in!

I already named my blisters and they are hooking up and having kids now...
Team Losi Mini-T x2
Losi XXX-T Brushless
Tamiya 2 x M03s / DF-02 Rising Storm
HPI Savage X / 2 x MT2 SS
Traxxas E-Maxx Brushless / Slash
Blade MCX / CX / CP+
Proboat Shockwave 26
imported_cancruiser is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #5
revo 3.3
RCC Apprentice

Hey let me know when u need a hand and were it is in orangeville and will come out and help

REVO 3.3
revo 3.3 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.