Niagara R/C`s Pro Series Race Day !! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Niagara R/C`s Pro Series Race Day !!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What a day, great turn out, great racing, if you missed it, shame on you. Not knowing all the guy`s name`s, i can`t name name`s but i do no Mr. Dave Henry and he had another fantastic day. The Devries family had a good day with Matt having a ruff finish after fighting for second with only laps left ( i think some else need`s security now, LOL )
The track was all i thought it was giving the racer`s a challenge through out the day. In all i had a great time, the smell of Nitro in the air, dust blowing all around, but not that much Mr Devries did a good job keeping the track damp and with that the dust was not bad, just a great day !!

On behalf of Niagara R/C, Thank`s to all for coming out and hope you had a good time !!

How could i forget my Team Mate, thank`s To Kevin Taylor for helping me through out the day and i look forward to racing with you again, Thank`s

Another thank`s goes to Greg Lablanc for helping me out, he also had a good day with a bad ending, thank`s Greg !!

And last but not least, a BIG THANK`S to all the Marshall`s that actually made it on the track, in position and paid attention, i can`t believe how some of you Marshall, if i marshalled you the way some of you were marshalling other`s you would be PISSED OFF. To the guy that was on the phone will marshalling good job Buddy, way to pay attention, that guy on his roof, engine screaming away was just bored with going around the track and thought he would try something different !!

It`s to dam early to go through all my pic`s right now, i will have some up later.

Here are some of the Pic`s taken at Sunday`s Pro Race !!

There are a few taken at Niagara R/C

i will start another thread with more

Hope you enjoy these !!

Thank`s !!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
Yes , the age old debate about Marshalling ,actually Andrew the marshalling wasnt that bad compared to some races , the hole trick is dont rely on them LOL .

Thanks to all that came out Congrats to Carl Balzer for a great run and hope to race with you all down at Ftr next weekend , also nice to see the new guys getting into the hobby and guys getting back into the hobby .

Thanks for the great day of racing and on the most part a clean day of racing .''

Also congrat to Bob from woodstock R/c after sitting out for a year he puts it in the show in truggy and to our youngs racer Jonathan for putting it in the show and finish 7th in truggy , great run guys.

Niagara R/C Offroad
Niagara R/C Indoor (carpet)
Niagara R/C Indoor Offroad
Niagara R/C Hobbies
matt2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Carl B

Great race

Thanks Matt. Had a great time as usual. Sherry's beef is the best. Can't wait for ftr. See you down there.

Skycraft Racing team all the way!!!!!
CBalzer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

i had a great time matt. i have to say i am really liking this rc pro seris. the one day event is great and the cost is great. all in all great day of racing got off to a rough start in my buggy b but eh it happens. the resorts after every round where great. with all these positive comments u no there has to be somthing negative lol the only thing that i have to say matt was when u watered at the start of a new round it was great the only issue i had was i was in heat 11 which meant alot of dust. yes at the end of the day the a main guys and the b main guys ran on the same track but im just saying that it would have been nice.

had alot of fun great layout and racing hats off to you and the family

just a question are all the pro seris races going to have really short main?
Justin Dasilva
Mugen Seiki
Alpha Plus Engines
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Derek P

I didn't get a chance to look at the results. Do we have a PDF online yet?

Thanks for the great day Matt

HammerTown Hobbies Thanks you
Derek Petre
KingCamber is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor

15 minute "A" main ? Awesome ! So who won this Looong race ?

OS plug angle is 30deg and is OK in a GRP from what I have read on RC Tech.
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

great weather/track/racing (well except for some the buggy a) = niagara rc pro race, oh yeah mmmmmmmm beef sandwiches!

wonderful day and lots of clean competitive racing, the quals went well with resorts after each round, track waterring helped keep the dust down pretty good, the track surface held toogether decently but it will need some work now matt!

the truggy final was quite clean with good racing through most of the main, most guys played nice, one racer needs to invest in new brakes!

the buggy final was a little different, it was getting dark and most where driving a little too agressive, there was a lot of hacking going on especialy when leaders where lapping, george who was in the lead got punted 5 times in one lap in the last 5 minutes, as the season goes on racers will learn who is around them and with more announcing of the positions they will know who they are supposed to be racing and which drivers should be shown more courtesy because they are lapping, we almost need to have 2 announcers to work toogether to keep the racers on the stand well informed and help clean up the racing

big thanks to gump for the pitting help sunday, you helped me tq and win both buggy and truggy, forgot to ask you what did you think about my car after you drove it? it definately doesn't feel right to me, will have to take the shocks apart and see if i put the wrong piston in one again!

it was nice to meet andrew67 in person, i expected to meet somebody who was rather young (ie imature!) but was pleasantly surprised to meet a normal guy,well as normal as an rc'er can be
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
RCC Supreme Contributor

Niagara R/c...

The only word to describe yesterday would be...PERFECT!!!

Hey Andrew! Your welcome to ask me for help, or parts ANY time. MY pleasure. Stuff like that is what makes this hobby so appealing to me. It's nice to be able to help others. I for one, get tremendous satisfaction out of helping someone like yourself, and seeing the results pay off.

You drove amaaaazingly well for a newbie, and remember...blip blip blip, and staaaaay in the middle. I'll keep preachin' it to you until it sinks in bud! LOL...

I too, would like to congratulate Bob Flegel on his truggy run yesterday, after a long time off. It was terrific to see you out there Bob, and you proved why your one of the 'top guys'. I hope to learn a lot from you.

Honorable mention to Joe Flegel too. MAN, are you ever driving well. Mark my words, by the fall you'll be in the hunt! Nice driving Joe!!!

Nice job Carl Balzer on a great day of running. I also want to congratulate Matt on his amazing performance with the BRAND NEW TQ SX8. No matter what the results show Matt...we ALL know how you did, and how you should have placed!!! Great driving buddy!

Last but not least...myself! I actually did OK yesterday myself, after a sketchy start. I was proud of the fact that in my 3rd race ever, I qualified 17th overall, and will only 2 qualifiers under my belt. I would have been in contention to make the A main (apparently) in buggy but ran out of fuel on my last lap (8 laps @ 4:3, after rolling over, and a looong marshal. No sweat though. It's MY FAULT for needing to be marshalled, and it's going to be a long summer!

Thanks again Matt. GREAT TRACK!!! See you all next weekend!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #9
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

Thanks Matt and family for a great day of racing! I loved the track layout. I learned allot of things in that race. Slowly but surely i am becoming a better driver. And the saying to finish first you must finish i go by that too since allot of my buddies told me that. Thanks for a great day of racing. My first time at Niagara and i hope to go agian. Thanks.

I would also like to thank, Willy jr, Willy sr, Shawn, Rob, Justin, Frank, and Nico for there help, amazing pit work and great advice. Guys i really do appreciate it!. Thanks. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor

I would also like to thank matt and his faimly for the fun day of racing. I LOVE the layout. i also cant wait till i can come back and race agen. hopefully i will have better luck tho.

i would also like to thank tekno, my dad, Shawn, Rob, Justin, Frank, and Nico with out ur guys help i unno what i would of done. p.s next time i will bring the spare tire lol
Willy Howells
Powerhouse RC Performance,Cold Fusion, Ultimate Racing,Hopcraft Air Brushing, CORE BMX AND SKATE, John Hobbies, HHH Racing, HB Graphics
willyhowells is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.