Niagara R/C`s Pro Series Race Day !! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I really enjoyed the day, as did my friend (was his first RCrace) loved the two sided tracks electric/nitro awesome layouts too, no blind spots. I'm curious to wonder why the rules weren't enforced though!? meaning the stop and goes... I too was victimized several times my the Bmain truggy. I was going threw the back section and was hit 6 or 7 times on that lap and fell back to last Even a racer drove the wrong way on the straight and hit him. The 10min main didn't give me enough time the claw my way through the pack! I know we are there to have fun but why have rules if they are not enforced? I managed to finish 3rd after the bumps.

I have a couple question about the points...
How are to points awarded?
Does everyone who finishes get points or only the podium finishers? and
Where can we see our points when issued?
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
How rude of me, A special thank`s to the Track Nazi ( sorry sir, don`t remember your name ) for coming to help out on the track and on the Mik ( MC Nazi ) LOL, good job !!

And a real special thank`s to Sherry and her daughter for keeping everything in order on the Computer and on the Grill, it went real smooth, Thank`s !!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
you know what? there is no question having more than one announcer would help but there are still drivers that race so far out of control, and yesterday's buggy A Main proved it, they are barely staying out of their own way. To ask them to get out of the racing line and let a faster car through and get clear, is not in their ablility to comprehend.

there is a huge difference between going fast and being a fast racer.
canadian_blast is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor

For the past couple years I have been so wrapped up in kids and work that it has seemed the only race I have made is my own! So it was really nice to get out and do some racing.

Many have joked that I marketed my self a position to getting a Losi drive rather than using my driving ability like the rest of the team. So I was super stocked to have made the A MAIN in both classes I entered.

Mat your wife, is a great cook, helps you run the races and lets you play with RC toys so what ever you do don't screw it up, you are a lucky guy!

Thanks to the whole family for running a great day of racing!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor

Well said mate! Well said!!!

The reason the "top guys" are "top guys" is due largely in part to their ability to drive BUT also due to their ability to remain consistent, and not get marshaled.

Watch theeeeeese guys drive, and you'll see a level of respect (to other drivers) that you just don't see in other levels. They understand that they may as well let the faster guy go, and follow a bit behind waiting like a prowling cat, for the guy to crack under the pressure of being followed.

"Great" drivers (and we all know who they are) are the masters of picking and choosing their spots. You don't always have to go for the pass. Sometimes IT comes to you!

i watched Bob Flegel move out of Dave Henry's way in the truggy A main yesterday WELL BEFORE Dave was even close to him. R E S P E C T!!! Point here is simple... When Bob has a better day than Dave one day, now Dave will do the same, and so on...and so on...and so on...

Enough said, and to all the "top guys" out there...sure you agree?
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

agreed, being able to go fast on your own and in traffic are two very different things, bob is one of a group who are able to keep a clear head on their shoulders during finals and keep aware of who is around them, it is way more fun to race with racers that know who to race hard and clean and who to let go, remember guys race others the way you would like to be raced
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
RCC Expert Contributor

Forsure a few guys ran out of talent early in the buggy main it happens but grabing more throttle to try and make up for it just would work. And hope they figure it out sooner or later. But its early in the season and the racing will get clean as the week go on , it happen the same was as last year , all is good , Dave , George and myself had a great battle for most the race and i would like to thank them for racing me clean , since that was the same way I was racing. With a lap and a half to go, we were all within 2 sec of eachother and racing eachother clean and it was a BLAST . Thanks again and looking forward to another clean race with you 2 next weekend.

Ps George you might be a little to clean , some guys seen to take advantage of your clean driving,but then again its always nice to be know as a good sportsman and not a HACK

Niagara R/C Offroad
Niagara R/C Indoor (carpet)
Niagara R/C Indoor Offroad
Niagara R/C Hobbies
matt2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #18
RCC Expert Contributor

thanks guys, this was probally one of the funnest races I've run and probally one of my favorite track layouts ever, it wasn't too difficult, but you could easily over drive it and really slow your self down, having taken the year off I really had no expectations for my self and was just having fun, I just wish I could have run more than a couple laps in the buggy B before getting broken, I think I could have given you guys a run,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #19
RCC Junior Contributor

rc pro race

Hey Matt thanks I had a great race with you Dave a Ben, clean racing as always between us. Other than the last 5min of the race it was okay for me, but the last five oh boy!. As for the clean racing I like to be treated the same but it doesn't happen all the time. See everybody at FTR. Loved the track Matt and the racing was great.

Thanks George s
imported_georgestilly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
"F" Main

I had a great time I really liked the layout. The MT a-main was a battle to the wire trying to shake off Jeff Heinmiller is like trying to get rid of that toilet paper stuck to your shoe. It ain't happening. Nice win Jeff!!! For a few the buggy a-main was a good example of ambition getting ahead of adhesion. Nuff said. Thank you Devries family for giving the RCPRO series a healthy start. Cheers.!!!
Martin Petre
Mugen Seiki
Team Driver
Byron Fuels
Skycraft Hobbies
2005 + 2007 Sammy's S.S. 1/8 buggy champ
2007& 08 GLORCS MT Champion
2008 Southern Ontario indoor MT Champion
2009 Canadian Winter nats 3rd 1/8 Pro Buggy
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.