STLR - Clean sweeps the first ever Canadian RC Pro Series! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
STLR - Clean sweeps the first ever Canadian RC Pro Series!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
STLR - Sprucewood Team Losi Racing

Dave Henry was on Fire TQ'ing and winning both Buggy and Truggy A Mains at the first ever Canadian RC Pro Series race!!!

However it was a real team effort where as the four of us in attendance all made the show qualifying in the A Main in both classes. In fact STLR took first and second in both classes and the popularity of the Losi brand is sure spreading as the two different drivers that took third were also driving a LOSI.

Extra credit goes out to George who not only took control of the Buggy race and lead from start right up till one lap from the finish where some bad marshalling cost him the win as Dave Henry slid past and drove perfect the final lap to hold on for the win.

SO it is now time to focus as we have a big 3 day race in New York this upcoming weekend and it is the first race of our very popular GLORCS (Great Lakes Off-Road Radio Control Championship Series) series.

Thank you to everyone for all the support!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #2

Total Props: 57

" Extra credit goes out to George who not only took control of the Buggy race and lead from start right up till one lap from the finish where some bad marshalling cost him the win as Dave Henry slid past and drove perfect the final lap to hold on for the win. "

A Big Way To Go goes out to your team, you guy`s put on a great show !!

NOW as far as the Marshalling goes, as the rules were explained at the beginning of the day, " If You can`t Marshall after your race, you are to go to who ever is in charge ans tell them you can`t do it and it`s up to you to find a replacement, NOW HOW many of you that raced in the Truggie and then in the Buggie went and found someone to Marshall for you, i`m going to take a guess and say NONE of you did as Chewy was busting his in that middle section as i did for THREE Qual`s in a row, i now for a fact that some people did not Marshall after there race as they were in the same race as me and i saw them on the side line`s screwing around, making it look like they were busy, but when the race was over, they were done doing what ever it looked like they were doing ( I think i need a band aid by my eye as i might have a cut ) !!
Matt said that the Marshalling was not that bad, well i have to disagree, we can do a lot better, and make it fair for those that are racing at that time, so let`s pull up our sock`s for this weekend and make it fair for everyone !!
Just think, every time your on your lid or in trouble and the marshall is not there or busy fixing some one else, that is probably cause some one else is not doing there job !!

Sorry to go on in your thread here, but as you brought it up, i felt that i should explain what happened and these are fact`s not just my opinion !!

Congrat`s to Team SpruceWood !!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
c-low74
RCC Pro Contributor

either way...the race should not have started till thier were enough marshals

Old 05-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

+1 c-low and andrew, the race was started without enough marshalls, and they ran their butts off during the main doing a tough job(sorry guys, next time we will try to drive cleaner and reduce the workload!), if the mains where to be run truggy/mt/buggy there would be fewer drivers who need to find themselves marshals and things would go a little smoother, again it was great , lots of fun, see y'all at ftr

p.s. i knew wookies ran fast but i didn't think they were fast enough to get there size 12 on my losi! guess what,they are and my buggy got
Old 05-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Yes! Congratulations are surely in order to ALL OF YOU. I actually chuckled when I saw the drivers stand for the A main. LOTS of Sprucewood logo's up there . It was nice to see ALL your team members do so well, and I for one, look forward to seeing how well you guys do in New York. We have to kick some American tail!!! LOL...

I DO have to mention though...

I'm looking VERY forward to Matt Devries' first A main win, or at least top three, and am going to be routing him on in New York with his new TQ SX8. There's some payback coming...and I'm certain it will be at Full Throttle.

Bravo guys!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am sorry if my comments were takes as a critisism to Marshals and how the race was won. This was not my intent in any way shape or form.

I realize that if you don't want to rely on Marshals then don't end up on your lid. However George was litterally punted like 5 times trying to drive clean around back markers!

MY POINT was that George was on fire and I was sad for him seeing him drive so well and then lose it in the last lap. I am glad to see though that Dave Henry will make you earn a win. Even though these guys are best friends - racing is racing and they both want to win!!

In other forms of racing you see team directives and guys pulling over, blocking etc. to help someone win or get points. Not here at STLR!!

GO TEAM GO - GO TEAM GO - GO TEAM GO - GO TEAM GO
Old 05-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

we all had our troubles in the final, i had to make my way back up from 7th and 3/4 lap down at about the 5 min to go mark i think, i just kept it on all 4 wheels and drove super consistent for the last 5 minutes, i must have passed 15 cars in that time that were flipped/crashed!

matt has proved himself in the past and his tq 6x8 ran great, always fun to race with drivers of matts calibre

oh george, i will have some ice cream for you on the stand for the finals at ftr! lets see how a little brain freeze changes things!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

There's NOTHING wrong with what your saying Mr. MacLean.

Your guys ran well (as did you) and all the true race fans out there, are wishing you guys the best of luck in New York! You are gaining strength 'by the race' and giving the rest of us something to shoot for. No pun...t intended! LOL...

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Go CANADA Go...
Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Kevin - Thank you!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #10
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Don't mention it!

I should also mention that it was nice speaking to you this past weekend. I was the fella' making the tuning adjustments to Andrews CEN buggy, when it wasn't sounding so good!!!

It was very kind of you to take the time to give me some advise. Point...Team Sprucewood!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in