Good Marshal! Bad Marshal! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Good Marshal! Bad Marshal!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Marshalling is a thankless job really, yet a small number of racers actually do it well, and know who the other good marshals are, and respect their hard work.

Like the racers themselves, marshals vary in ability from A to Z main (so to speak).

This past weekend, I stood next to someone in the pits while pitting for someone, and there was a wreck in the 'bowl' at FTR. He said "now there is some damn good marshalling", and I completely agreed. Our fellow racer, and good friend Chewy marshalled a 4 car pile up, and got everyone out of there FAST and in order!

The WAY he did it is what was impressive...he was already running to the scene of the accident BEFORE there was an accident. He just knew that someone was going to be on their lid with that much traffic going through there at the same time. Anticipation might be an appropriate word for what he did! Bravo Chewy, and thanks for the good marshalling.

I also notice that Andrew Packer (Andrew_67) does a LOT of marshalling, and seems to enjoy it. More over, he does it well too! Thanks to you to Andrew. I appreciated you covering for me at FTR also. You where a big help!!!

I for one, go to great lengths to marshal, and sometimes suffer pain over the next few days as a result of running, crouching, falling, etc.

In summary, if more guys where thoughtful enough to recognize good marshalling, then more people would feel recognized for their efforts!

I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank each and every marshal that has saved my bacon during a race, or gotten me back on my wheels by running to my buggy instead of walking, before I flamed out.

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
very good thread kevin
marshalling is very thankless but very important i always try to marshall the way i would want to be marshalled as has been said before
also to the people that like to yell at marshalls maybe next time you can marshall yourselves and see how you like it

Team Durango DNX408T E
Tekin 2250 T8
Spektrum DX3R PRO
imported_lstmuggy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Ya, i like this thread Buddy, as the year goes along we will see who the good marshals are and I WILL ( right or wrong ) make sure there RC is taking care of, we have to support all the marshals that bust there to get other`s back an all four`s and try to let the other`s no that we won`t put up with people that don`t care ( cell phone`s, Drink`s as mentioned and just not paying attention, they are the first one`s to yell at the marshals when they are in trouble !!

Someone here said it, marshals are a big part of the game and we need them as much as we need driver`s !!

Way to go to all that marshal on a regular bases !!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.