read this! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
the racers are the reason the series exists, thing will change for the better as sure as wookies(chewy) are furry!

I agree with you here Dave...100%

Let's ALL look at this past weekends race as a positive step, instead of a negative one. The reality her is simply that this likely won't happen again, so that's a positive right???

Keep you chins up at FTR. WE (GLORCS) will get these issues sorted out and things will continue to get better and better as a result of it's little mistakes! Isn't that what we all learn from? Our mistakes?

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Yes, let`s hope thing`s do shape up as like i said GLORCS is a Series for us the Racer`s and with out it we would not all have fun weekend`s like last one at FTR !!

I`m looking forward to GLORCS at Niagara on July 4, 5, and 6, if you have not been to Niagara this year, your missing out and if you have you no what`s it`s all about !!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #13
RCC Apprentice

Wow.. chuck.. lolz you sure have NO filter do you... We now feel obligated to explain things that really are politics and not related so much to the race but more to administration...

I will provide some information about Glorcs and how we do some of the things we do.

First off in the 4 years we've been running this series we have learned a couple things. One thing we've learned.... it is counter productive to get involved in online disputes and banter. This is simply because it is the rarity to actually satisfy the parties involved. We have learned that disputes can truly be resolved though direct communication and contact (meaning face to face or person to person).

We've learned that the internet is superb for promotional purposes, easy access to information, and as a partial tool for STARTING the communication process. It is a wonderful tool to share and disseminate easily accessible information.

Chuck is right on a number of points above.. however I think he's going about it in a knee jerk fashion.... but thats the Chuck we all know and love...

So lets address the first portion.

Originally Posted by chuck
it has come to my attn. that the blame game is being played and jason,myself and FTR are being targeted

their is a private room on rchobbies where they are trying to say that jason made the decision on calling the 3rd qual. and i stab them in the back by not going along with their decision on the matter.....when i was never even asked as a glorcs rep. on the matter. i found out well after the decision was made
He is correct in that Glorcs does have private rooms on RCH. Several actually. We've tried to gear glorcs like any other successful business and that is to provide professional answers and information.

But I'm human. As a human I'm just a susceptible to emotion and emotional response as everyone else. I also like everyone else have opinions and perspective. However those opinions and perspective are not always in line with the entire Glorcs nation or Directorship. It isn't professional for me to post up knee jerk reaction as a representative of Glorcs. Nor is it professional or even productive to come online and publicly criticize without knowing all the facts. We have learned to discuss and come up with the appropriate information.

So we've created rooms that are NOT visible to the public. One room is for tracks and Glorcs directors ONLY. Chuck Gump is a Glorcs director. There are six directors. There is also a room for Reps. Only reps and glorcs directors can see it. Chuck your a Glorcs rep and that room was designed for situations such as this.. but purhaps that isn't a big enough audience for you.

These rooms were created for the purpose of private discussion.. venting... you name it... and its purpose serves as a catalyst to initiating more conventional communications.

To address the finger pointing and behind your back talk.............

On WNY a few expressed their dissatisfaction over some issues that arose over the weekend. As I pointed out previously we try to avoid getting involved is online arguments but where there is a need to clarify or provide insight as to why we do what we do, we provide information. We do this not because we figure it will satisfy or quell the discontent, we reply to provide information so that others (or in the future) individuals can be informed.

The dispute was over the 3rd qual being canceled. Now I don't want to get into this whole debate over who did what because its been hashed over and resolved. I was upset because my position is that Glorcs doesn't run the events. We promote them.. we act as a facilitator to convey communication and coordination, and we act as a intermediary and arbitrator for developing, organizing and the acting phase of running the series. Its a group effort involving everyone. In the end we also number juggle to keep track of the points. So when everyone was blaming Glorcs for making the decision I got a little defensive.. because we as Glorcs TRY NOT to get overly involved in the operational side of racing. We are there to assist as needed by the Race Director, ensure compliance of the rules as agreed, and where necessary act as a arbitrator for rule issues. However on WNY many thought it was us who make and enforce these actions. So I tried my best to provide information. I wasn't at FTR so chuck posted that it was our decision and we forced the ruling / failed to consult him... I got pissed. I got pissed for two reasons. One I wanted to get to the bottom of what had happened, and two I was pissed at chuck for not standing in unity (and privately inquiring directly to us.. as he has the ability to do).

I may be a little old fashion in this regard but I am of the opinion and Glorcs have learned from experience that we debate then decide, having made an INFORMED decision. Whether in that process I agree or disagree with the final decision I would stand shoulder to shoulder with others in that decision. I was very frustrated with Chuck over what I felt was a sell out and lack of support for FTR .. whether I was right or wrong that was how I felt.

So I went to our track room and vented a bit and asked for answers and stirred it up a bit.

I mean Chuck is right... its pure BS that he as a representative didn't get consulted and I wanted to know what had happened to have that break down.

As a result of that post further posts followed, calls were made, people communicated and a LOT of VALUABLE things followed.

We rehashed the weekend.. and at times are very critical of things. We questioned why Chuck as the "on duty" representative didn't get consulted. I learned that we may have made a mistake by putting a rep on duty at their home track. I mean from what I heard Chuck was working like a dog on operational issues... he wasn't around when this discussion took place.. etc etc etc.. and that will continue to be worked out.

In the discussion process Matt pointed out something to me that I had completely lost sight of.... and like a supreme being stepping out of the clouds and Steven Segal pimp slapping me.. there was clarity. The venues are named Glorcs and most see the event both success's and failures as Glorcs success and failures. He's right.. I reflected and noted that we're quick to grab the spot light when things are going well and just as quick to run for cover when things go bad. So regardless of who made what decision its a Glorcs issues and a Glorcs decision. There was NO blame game going it is only an explanation of the process. (Matt is so SEXY when he talks like that!

I asked and was briefed on what transpired this weekend. Essentially Dave is right the decision was made based on weather AND time issues.
Weather is obvious, and time relates to reasonable conclusion times. The discussion included a multitude of people but not all who SHOULD have been included.

Lets face it at least once each year we've had to assign points based on qualifier points and NOT mains.. we all know this sucks.. we want to see a race conclude under its own sails.. plain and simple.

So that was the motivation.

As a result of all the conversations and all the posts (privately) we (to the best of my understanding) have come to the conclusion. Glorcs made a mistake by not polling the racer base. It wasn't a point of issue with a rule it was a point of issue with how the competition would play out.... we should have at least given the racers the opportunity to discuss and contribute to the decision making process. The Race Director will still have the final say either way (and we'd support that). So as a result of the complaint from racers, the post in our PRIVATE room and subsequent discussion........... a change for the future. We had intended to finalize a few things and then PRIVATELY inform the Glorcs Rep via their room of what had transpired. We would NOT have made any online statement or explanation. No rule need be created just an administrative addition to how we do things.. The matter was to be mentioned at the Sunday Drivers Meeting at Race 2 and it would have been put to bed.

Thus the need to privately communicate and as stated already it distracts from the fun of racing and having a good time.. and as Glorcs that is our burden of leadership and frankly shouldn't be shouldered to all the racers.

Glorcs Racing. The only true racing experience.
GLORCS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor

Glad we got that straightened out! NOW CAN WE GET BACK TO RACING GUYS??? LOL...

See you all in Oakville!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #15
Jay C.
RCC Expert Contributor

Two Points...

First, I think there is a shot you can get to cure Verbal Diarrhea that bad...

Second, I compliment the series organizers for clarifying the situation. I am sure this has been a lesson learned on many planes.

Jay C. is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.