Donations to offroadrc - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Donations to offroadrc

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Now that we all have seen what its like not to have the site up for a couple of days, now is as good a time as any to start donating a couple of bucks so that we can have the site that we all love keep running strong. Im going to take it upon myself to have a donation box with me at the GLORCS race at the #5, so if you can come armed with a few extra bucks, Im sure the guys and girls who put so much into this site would appreciate it. Thanks

Bob Adler
imported_maverick is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor

good idea bob i know i will be giving a few bucks when i get paid.

thanks bob
Willy Howells
Powerhouse RC Performance,Cold Fusion, Ultimate Racing,Hopcraft Air Brushing, CORE BMX AND SKATE, John Hobbies, HHH Racing, HB Graphics
willyhowells is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thank - You

Bob and future contributors,

Thank you very much for this thread... anything that we collect goes directly back into the site... I really appreciate the gesture as do the rest of the team.

We will be making some upgrades soon and be tying up some loose ends so we do not have an outage like this again (Crossed fingers)

It i not like me to ask for $$ but there is a donate button on the HOME page and a banner that can be clicked on for this purpose.

We will continue to do whatever we can to keep this hobby chugging along and bringing people together. I have met many wonderful friends because of this site and for that I am very grateful, even if my wife is a RC WIDOW :GRIN:

CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor

hey crusher
I myself along with alot of other racers appreciate the job you guys do, and for those of us who would like to contribute but dont have a pay pal account, this would be a great way to help out. I ask teff if you were going to be at the 5 and he said that you would be, so after the money is collected I can pass it right on to you.

Keep up the good work

Bob Adler
Old 06-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

for sure

bob i will most definatly make a small donation

thanks alot for that arm on the weekend.
Justin Dasilva
Mugen Seiki
Alpha Plus Engines
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor

Come see me at the race bud. My name is on my tool box! I'll have a $10.00 bill waiting for ya!!!

They call it the 'World Wide Web'...and THIS one is by far my favorite, so it's the least I can do!!!

Keep up the good work Crusher...and THANKS!!!

Come on Guys! FOR THE PRICE OF A GLOW PLUG you can help support this site too!!!

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
RCC Junior Contributor

cool man, i will see you at the race, its going to be a good one!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #8
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

good stuff

way to step up and get the ball rolling bob.

you are right that alot of us take this site for granted and think that its always free but in reality it cost money to keep this site active so asking people in the rc community to kick in a few bucks isnt too much to ask. considering the time that the moderators put into running this site of which they dont get paid for .

its a really good idea you have come up with to start a donation box at the 5 .

myself and my teamates will be kicking in some bucks for sure at the glorcs race.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Andrew

I have no Paypal, but i am willing to send a bank draft.

This is the only site out of 100000000000000000 other sites that i visit on a daily basis. Not having it for those 4 days put my head through hell and back.

The admins have been fantastic, the content can't get any better and the fact that i have met so many decent people here makes me want to see this site around for life.

Keep up the good work guys!

I also want to thank the ORRC guys for posting on www.------------- for keeping us regulars updated.
My 3.3 Jato
RC Driver Magazine Showcase Beauty.
Tamiya M03M
Mini-T-C4 Team Bluegroove
Mugen MBX5T
Dufferin RC- New!
jatofan69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #10
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: John

I just made a small donation through my PayPal account (I wish is was more as that was all I had left in the account)

This website has been great for meeting new people, buying and selling stuff and just an overall great read. I have bought, sold and traded so much stuff on this website that it has given me the chance to try out different manufacturers (HPI, Traxxas, Ofna, Kyoshso), classes (MT, Truggy, Buggy, Nitro, Electric), engines/motors, tires/wheels, accessorites..etc that I would have spent 10x more to buy it all new. All the guys (and some gals) that I have dealt with on this site have all been stand up people who care about and enjoy this hobby.

I am going to make it a new rule of thumb for myself that for every $10 worth of stuff I sell on this site through Paypal I will dontae $1 of that to the site. I am a firm believer in supporting your LHS and I dont see why the same cant be said about your local website

Thank's up the great work!
I love the smell of nitromethane in the morning. Smells like...victory"

HPI Baja 5T :GRIN:
imported_BananaMan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.