Check this out, Chinese knock-off - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
1/5 Scale RC Car & Truck All things related to the larger side of the hobby.

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Like AYK_Driver said.....

It's just crazy...
The Power of BRUSHLESS!!!!!
1HP (electric) = 746 Watts.
Everything is brushless!!
imported_Aqwut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor

From what I've heard and read the King Motors Baja is just like the HPI and the parts ARE a direct fit. The tires are the first version HPI had before making them stronger.

There's a guy from BC who sells alot of them right now.
Elcon Cleon w/air brakes
imported_SELWA is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #13

I seen these on eBay before I bought my Kyosho US Sport.

Chances are these are ran on the exact same production line somewhere in China.

I am guessing that the real HPIs are not made in the US, but I cant say for certain. Sounds to me like HPI needs to contact their manufacturing plant and discuss it with them. Alot would go into reengineering a copy of a R/C vehicle that will only yield so much in profits.

HPI contradicts its self with section 1 point 1,
"1. HPI welcomes all discussions about the company and its products on internet forums or anywhere else. "

vs section 2 point 2

2. HPI will not accept public statements on forums or websites that are simply untrue and made without any proof or are not clearly identified as an opinion.

Generally comments posted by users IS their opinion. Could you imagine if everyone wrote IT IS MY OPINION THAT I LIKE IT WHEN IT IS WARM OUTSIDE.

Looks to me like HPI is talking a lot of * but their hands are tide.

For the price of these "knock offs" I believe it is worth taking a chance on. They have been marketed on eBay as taking replacement parts from the Baja 5B with no fitment issues.

The fact that HPI is threatening to sue people for having opinions online is hella lame, so that being said, I think everyone should go buy the knock offs because in my opinion the HPI one will turn you !
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

it happens allt he time.. yes hpi parts will bolt on but the original quality isnt there... it happens all the time... look at the pocket bikes and mini qiads ect ect... parts all fit from real quads but the chinese parts r garbage.....

i can gauruntee the baja isnt made in the US... this confirms it... almost NOTHING is.. even if it says "Made In The USA" that could just be the box... sad but true.....

if u really wanna know how this stuff works... go talk to sum 10+ yr vets or mould making and tool and die.... they will tell u all u need to know... or look on youtube for chinese manufacturing... lots to watch and scare u *less!
Old Beater Sable
ayk_driver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

is anything made in north america anymore?

thats so true about products claiming to be "made in the usa" on their packaging but in reality most of the parts come from overseas.

castle creations in kansas used to proudly stamp made in the usa on all their mamba products but were force by a court order to change this claim since their brushless motors internal parts were being produced and shipped from overseas . even though the esc and the rest of the mamba system was produced in kansas the court declared that castle couldnt continue to claim made in the usa.

i guess its all how companies word their products to make people think they are produced in north america but most arent.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor

Has anyone picked up one of these baja knockoffs? Are there any problems with them so far that you have noticed? For $300 or so plus shipping it sounds like a bargain..
Tamiya TRF501x
Tamiya TRF415MSX
Mugen MBX5R/Prospec
Axial SCX10
Hpi baja 5b
Tamiya Mini m03
26cc 70" phantom boat
imported_rcguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #17
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re chinese knockoff rc products

one word to describe any chinese knock off products === JUNK
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #18

anyone pick one up locally, how is it?
acc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #19
RCC Apprentice

let you guys know how they are mine should be arriving next week, plus aneone know were there are ane sand dunes around mississauga or 1-2 hours away thanks
imported_DJtbster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.