Problem with Mamba 5700 binding - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
Savage-guy
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Question Problem with Mamba 5700 binding

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Okay,

I am trying to bind my mamba 5700. So far I have steering but no throttle. When I turn the ESC on I get no tone from it. I do how ever have all 3 lights on. I know when ever I turn on the ESC I should get the tone. For some reason I don't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Narly1
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage-guy View Post
Okay,

I am trying to bind my mamba 5700. So far I have steering but no throttle. When I turn the ESC on I get no tone from it. I do how ever have all 3 lights on. I know when ever I turn on the ESC I should get the tone. For some reason I don't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi Duane,

I had that problem once on race day and I believe it was caused by my having turned on my transmitter BEFORE my receiver. Try turning on everything in the proper sequence (connect battery, Rx on, Tx on) & see what happens....

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Savage-guy
RCC Contributor

Thanks for the reply Earl,

I tried what you said and I also re-binded my receiver and remote to see if that would help. That didn't do the trick either. i am thinking that there is something wrong with the system its self. I don't even get a tone. That alone sounds fishy.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #4

Total Props: 57
Hey Duane, I think I just posted in your R/C Tech thread. I suggested checking that you have the plugs the right way in the Rx. Upon further reading here that may not be the problem. It does sound fishy that you are not getting the tone(s). I looked through the manual & the online FAQ but I didn't see anything that may help.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
Savage-guy
RCC Contributor

Hey Ryan

Ya I checked that myself. I'll bring it with me on Thursday maybe someone there might figure out what is wrong with it.

Even if I had them in the wrong way I wouldn't have power the steering would not work. i just might have to send it to castle and let them have a look at it.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
imported_Dom
RCC Junior Contributor

I had a similar problem with my mamba max, after going through all the procedures i found a loose connection, check all the wires going to the motor and battery, if they are fine then i dont know what to tell you, CC has great customer support so i doubt you'll have problems.
imported_Dom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
88wingnut
RCC Junior Contributor

Sounds like you dummied your motor! Check the connections to the motor, make sure all the colours match. If the wires on the esc have been resoldered, check the colours there also.

You still have the bullet connectors on? That may also be the problem, bad connection.

I assume your battery is fully charged? If not, could be the cutoff kicking in.
88wingnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
rustler_guy
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88wingnut View Post
Sounds like you dummied your motor! Check the connections to the motor, make sure all the colours match. If the wires on the esc have been resoldered, check the colours there also.

You still have the bullet connectors on? That may also be the problem, bad connection.

I assume your battery is fully charged? If not, could be the cutoff kicking in.
Agreed, the tone is key. Check here...

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...amba.html#max7

Is your cut-off voltage set way high?
rustler_guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in