US Drivers M.I.A. - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by dead1dave View Post
Here are some examples .................and whatever you decide or whatever the response is is totally fine with me but these decisions should be made prior to the race weekend .The name of the game is to have fun no matter what!!!!!!!!

#1...qual points or "rocket round" ......about 1/2 the people at the GLORICS at FTR "including myself" made out better with the rocket round and the other wished they had that 3rd qualifier .........we all have computers and we all check the weather so if mother nature tries to put a damper on things at least it was decided ahead of time this way. When it is done 1/2 way through the weekend it is normal for 75 out of 150 entries to feel cheated .

#2 .........who ......I ask ........other than the 12 Amain guys in Buggy and Truggy could possibly benefit from running all the buggy mains one after another and then all the truggies . I don't blame the a main guys for not wanting to be up on the stand for an hour straight in the hot sun . However a 150 entry race weekend is for all not just 12 guys. If the is another theory as to how this is good for everyone I would love to hear .Again if that is how the race is going to be run ...fine but say so ahead of time so if people don't like that they have the option not to race and then they can't complain either . I bet the GLORICS reps would love to avoid being asked a 100 questions every 5 minutes too!!!!!!LOL
gotcha - standardized format - either its all buggy then all mt then all truggy, or its all d mains, all c mains, all b mains, all a mains. no flip-flopping procedures between events.
no problemo. I can tell you that these decisions have previously lied in the hands of each indivudal race director. if it becomes evident that popular opinion wants it standardized, one way or the other, then we can discuss it and put it to vote at the meeting.
anyways, i have created a special thread on our board for all these comments where i'm dropping all this information for discussion.
thanks again.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #22
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
re good points

i have to agree with derek that the glorcs guys have run the series pretty damn good considering the number of racers at each event, the effect the lousy weather has had on the the decisions being made regarding rocket round vs qualifying round format and taking feedback from the racers and applying it to try and make each event run smoothly.

dave also made a good point that there should be some kind of standardized format regarding how the mains are run and in what order. it seems this aspect differs from race to race.

when you are dealing with 100-150 racers average per event you are never going to be able to make everyone happy. just cant be done. all the glorcs guys can do is try and make it more smoothly for the majority of the racers . marshalling will always be a sore spot for some people and when you have the majority of the racers running in more than one class it complicates it even more.

i myself run 2 classes so sometimes it works out to my benefit in that i get a bit of break between my marshalling duties and then sometimes im stuck driving a 30 minute main and then having to marshal a 45 minute main right after like i did at hardcore. but the bottom line is nobody forced me to enter more than one class and i always make sure im out to do my marshalling when required. its not easy to get people to volunteer marshal a 45 minute race if they have already marshalled a 30 minute race in the hot sun plus drove in a 30 minute race .

all in all i think gump and the rest of the glorcs directors have done a fantastic job so far and the amount of work that goes into holding these races is much greater than most people realize. how many of us would want to take on their responsibilities on our own free time without being paid?

we all had a chance to make our voices heard when glorcs provided us with a survey to fill out and if you didnt bother to fill one out then thats your loss.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #23
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

Lotsa good stuff here !

My feeling is that when a track owner / director submits thier intent to host a GLORCS race - They should ensure that the event will be staged as per GLORCS exceptions.

It is not reasonable to charge premium rates for an event, and provide deficient services.

Bottom line, I think GLORCS is doing an excellent job of conducting themselves through all of the feedback sessions they have encountered this season, and spinning it into a positive for future development.

Personally, I would like to see track owners / race directors rewarded for hosting an event as per the rules - by allowing them to submit an application for the following years GLORCS season. This may seem harsh, but this is the way to ensure compliance.

This is the way it's done in many other facets of event staging / hosting. This promotes a system that facilitates customers (Racers) recieving what they pay for.
Skycraft Hobbies Racing
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #24
John Bakker
I am: JB

SOOOO...What's the excuse this time??Another awsome GLORCS event at GHC and not one American entry(that i know of)
Whats the deal?Do we smell?Or is that you guys don't want anthing to do with GLORCS unless it's on your side of the lake???We support your races by the bus load ,infact I bet that 80% of the entries at FTR were Canadians.I'm sure that it will be the same for the upcoming GLORCS event at Glenwood(BUS LOADS).

So really WHAT'S THE DEAL, are you afraid of getting your a*s*s*e*s wooped again
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #25
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: rob

yes chewy you tell them
you going to glenwoods
let me no me and rc squirt are going tooo

3.3 Revo
tofast4me is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #26
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Chew, what are you starting now, we all now they love us over here, they are probably just to busy !!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #27
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Joseph C.

Hats off to all the Glenwood and Full Throttle Guys that came to run at Hardcore today for our points series race. A lot of guys from Hardcore will be at the GLORCS Race in two weeks I'm sure. There will be another Points series race next Sunday August 31 At Hardcore. Thanks for coming out Guys.
Hardcore R/C Track Owner
It's better to look at it then to look for it.
:GRIN: i been looking at it and i still can't find it.
Trakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #28
RCC Pro Contributor

Ya ! Great to see the Glenwood racers today at Hardcore !

Looking forward to going over there !
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.