Conversion tool cps/wt to wt/cps - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

Total Props: 0
Conversion tool cps/wt to wt/cps

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I found this tool that helped me allot when it came to convert european style centi poise system to weight or vise versa. It helps allot especially when some hobby shops only carries wt as opposed to cps. Here's the tool:

I just got big bores and people say 700 cps is the best. One guy said 700wt. I thought that was wrong becuase, i know cps is always a higher value than wt. so, i converted 700 cps to wt and i get about 54 wt which imo makes sense. So, when saying what oils to use use the proper term cps or wt. I believe team associated and team losi goes by wt and kyosho goes by cps. I think ultimate oils gives you both conversions. Hope this helps! Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
The problem with wt is its entirely made up, and has no real linear value. The wt from different manufacturers is different, in some cases by over a hundred centistokes (or centi poise) or more than 15 wt (depending on who's wt scales you compare). Someone's 35 can be another guys 45 or another guys 30. Its brutal trying to figure it all out.
What i did was reference a chart that took real oil from the processed bottles of the different manufacturers and put them through a rheometer, which is a calibrated divice designed to measure fluids in centistokes.
I went with the manufacturer who had the most complete list of results on their page - Losi. I then bought the complete lineup of their oils and scribed the centistokes number right into the cap, so i have both numbers as a quick reference at any time. Now i have a completely linear means of tuning with oils, and as a bonus, i can use in between measurements from companies with actual cSt or cps numbers on their bottles for very fine tuning.

Heres the page with the centistokes measurement:

Read through the charts and do some wt comparisons - you'll see what i mean when I say they're non-linear.

By the way, if anyone wants to get a current line of oils measured, all you'll have to do is send them a set of 10ml samples of each oil, labeled correctly, in clean, well sealed bottles that will survive shipping without leakage. I was in touch with these guys a few months ago and they said that they would do this, but that none of the manufacturers they were in touch with seemed interested in sending them a set of their oils.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Its looking like the kyosho oils are super accurate compared to the other brands.
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

yea everyone is saying that kyosho oils are awesome. I wanted to get 700 oil from kyosho but, my lhs has nothing in stock right now and won't make it in time for the race so i went with 55 all way round with green springs (med) all way round. I might have to stiffen the rear and leave the front as the way it is but, i will see at the track. Thanks for that info gump i didn't know that. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Trev
# of RCs: 25

mine all say, cSt so i guess this cant help me
Trevor Figueira
moptrf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.