Sid's Aug 24 race - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Aug 24 race

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just wanted to say BIG thanks to all the organizers and participants in todays race. I had a blast as usual, unfortunately had to leave early though.

I just can't believe how fast everyone is getting!!! And well...Dimitri and Pierre, a race or 2 more and and I'm sure we will see ya on the podium.
Associated SC10
Durango DESC410R
Mugen ECO
imported_Sparkie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
RCC Apprentice

Yeah, a big thanks from me as well for putting on an excellent race. It was my first race ever, and I loved it! Count me in for future races from now on.

It was certainly a lot of fun, although it was a bit disappointing that the same screw that I've been battling with for the last day or two was what failed on me during the 2wd main. I guess I didn't prepare well enough. But I already know what I'll do to make it absolutely bulletproof and it'll never come out again! It was the screw that goes into the rear arm, which the bottom of the stock attaches to (it's not surprising it came loose under all that pressure, given how many times I've crashed, since the thread in the arm was already getting bad).

I also found out that there is indeed VERY little time or warning in between the heats, and even though I worked on charging my battery/getting/returning house transponder, checking that screw, changing tires, etc. pretty much every second I had avaliable, I still made you guys wait for me quite a few times. Sorry. >.< I'll be better prepared next time. But yeah, it seemed like the main problem for me was that there wasn't enough warning, as I needed a few mins to take off my battery from charging and put it in the car (I only have one battery). Sometimes it'd be like people are saying "we're giving a few minutes for ppl to charge up their batteries" and then 30 seconds later everyone's already on the driver's stand and waiting for me haha. Again sorry and I'll try to improve.

Other than that, everything went really smooth and I really enjoyed it. Thanks!
shurcooL is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

Usually there are more heats so there is plenty of time in between to get everything prepped. Club races are way more laid back and I don't think anyone was in a hurry so no worries. If I knew you only had the one pack, I could have loaned you one of mine! Good job though, your drove great for your first race. hope to see you out again!
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage":

"Finding Your Dream Home"
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor

Now that you have been involved in a race day you have seen how much fun it is. Also, you will know how to prepare for your next race day and it will continue to become easier each time.

It was really impressive to see the racers in the Novice class continually improve the TQ time heat after heat!!!
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.