Proboat shockwave - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Boat Discussion Discuss RC Boats, submarines & hovercrafts in electric or nitro.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #41
cyclop
RCC Master Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHER View Post
Question I had mine running @ the cottage this weekend and it is an air cooled ECHO weed eater engine. It doesn't top out as near as much as any of your do... Do all of you have water cooled engines?

Mine has been sitting for 4 yrs and needs a good cleaning as there was quite a bit of fuel gummed up in the gas tank. I can only imagine what the carb is like... It just doesn't seem to wind up as much as any of yours.

I plan on taking everything apart next time I'm @ the cottage to make sure I can rule all those things out. I just wanted to see it go... as soon as I finish uploading it I will post it up.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bAYl3ceVaH0
well one thing too possibly check on is some of the weedeater engines coils have a like rev limiter also i have read something on this issue at one point , dont qoute me on iths , but is this a engine you pulled from a weedeater ?
if you budget allows in the future grab a marine set-up or even a better grasser air cooled , a cheap CY 29 26 motor all bedenps on what you want

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #42
cyclop
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmer View Post
Where is that pond ?? I'm not looking to intrude on anyone's area, but I just sold my Warehouse hobbies gas boat this past spring because I had no place, or anyone to run with. Maybe looking at getting back into a boat ??

Newmer

Newmer .. i dont think Marcus really enjoys the boating , might wanna get back intouch with your old "G" ?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #43
cyclop
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubingolf View Post
guys firstly thanks for the pit crew today, i am quite happy except for the smoke coming off my motor......whre is the video of me beaching tha whhooore!?
No Sweat Rubin ..
you really should have a twin water pickup going through that motor one line feeding the head and one line feeding the pipe seperatley through one pump though , so you'd have 2 pick-ups into one pump with 4 lines 2 in 2 out then seperate from there , i noticed the plugged holes in the side .. you'd use one of the vent hole to exit from the head anyways , because your pipe right now is getting used hot water from the head and at those rpms you need to cool her down as much as possible ..
Anyways reall happy for you to have some good running ,because thats what its all about

Old 09-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #44
imported_WeaponX

Hi

I just found this thread on here for boats; I have recently become a father and have decided to take a year or more off, from racing off road, so I decided to get into boats, I live between two lakes(10 min away) and think it would be e better idea then running the roads driving to tracks just to race or practice. what I am getting at is I was wondering if someone has or could point me towards someone who has a gas boat for sale or that would be willing to sell?
imported_WeaponX is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #45
4WD
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHER View Post
Question I had mine running @ the cottage this weekend and it is an air cooled ECHO weed eater engine. It doesn't top out as near as much as any of your do... Do all of you have water cooled engines?

Mine has been sitting for 4 yrs and needs a good cleaning as there was quite a bit of fuel gummed up in the gas tank. I can only imagine what the carb is like... It just doesn't seem to wind up as much as any of yours.

I plan on taking everything apart next time I'm @ the cottage to make sure I can rule all those things out. I just wanted to see it go... as soon as I finish uploading it I will post it up.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bAYl3ceVaH0

typically your weed eater will have about 1hp or a little more, its design is really made for reliability and longevity as opposed to high power (a new echo is supposed to run almost 200 hours between rebuilts as opposed to 20 - 40 hours for a zenoah), generally a weedwacker motor will have 2 piston rings and the porting (both intake/exhaust and transfer) is much less aggresive for that very reason too reduce the revs however they can be ported to put out more power but at the cost of a zenoah engine its hardly worth the time and effort. enjoy what you're runnin and once ready for that mind blowing experience drop in a nice new zenoah

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product959.html

arden at A&J hobbies carries DDM stuff
4WD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #46
4WD
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
Hi

I just found this thread on here for boats; I have recently become a father and have decided to take a year or more off, from racing off road, so I decided to get into boats, I live between two lakes(10 min away) and think it would be e better idea then running the roads driving to tracks just to race or practice. what I am getting at is I was wondering if someone has or could point me towards someone who has a gas boat for sale or that would be willing to sell?

Rich at RC sports and hobbies (woodbridge) has a variety of used boats in good condition mostly gas and he also stocks some parts.

otherwise its ebay but thats usually a hit or miss plus shipping for a big boat is a killer.
4WD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #47
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks for all the help guys... I guess I would need water pumps as well when I get a Zenoha?
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #48
rubingolf

not necessarily water pickups but dont idle for a long time thats all.....
rubingolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #49
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubingolf View Post
not necessarily water pickups but dont idle for a long time thats all.....
OK cool then I am already set...
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #50
rubingolf

sunday 12 noon...its on at L27
rubingolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in