REVO tuning expert badly needed !!!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
the 'runs awsome' post !!!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
anyways i think i found the problem. somebody on another post had mentioned an internal leak in the fuel tank, as this would suck in air at times and lean the mixture, but mostly it would explain the inconsistent performance. i was pretty sure the tank was okay as its almost new, so i started checking other things - low and behold i found the carburetor was loose, almost came out in my habd when i wiggled the air cleaner tube off. the o-ring looked good and everything so i made sure it was pushed all the way in and tightened in up. tried again the next day and fired up immediety - and now it responds to tuning as it should. i was way rich from where i had it, so with some high-speed passes i got the HSM set right, then found the LSM was rich as it would run-on for like 5 seconds when i did the pinch test. leaned that down a little so i would launch nice without hesitating, that raised the idle slightly so lastly i lowered the idle a bit - perfect. that was yesterday. this morning i went to the local track - put in the starter and fired right up. ran perfect, idles beautifully. before it would 'run-on' after you let off the throttle to coast from the air leak leaning it but now it runs so perfect. i went to the local track to practise and wow - its so smooth, the throttle and brakes are so sensitive and responsive, and the suspension! its like art in motion........thanks to everybody who posted something for me - every post helps because you have to go through one step to get to the next. with all the experience and know-how of everybody that reads these forums, anything is possible and nothing can't be solved. salutations to everybody who trys to help somebody else out - i hope i'll be able to help out somebody else, when you feel such appreciation for something the most instinctive way to make yourself feel you've properly thanked is to pass on the good nature to somebody else and help spread goodness. cheers
imported_dgsmooth is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.