suggestion to glorcs? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
suggestion to glorcs?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was going to suggest this to someone at glorcs but thought i would ask your thoughts first.

The issue would be #'s.

If you run... buggy, truggy, mt, or any other class would it not be better to give everyone their own # instead of 3 or more of them? I know the current way is based on where you finished in the previous year, however... If there was only one of the number 1 for the champion and everyone else had their choice of a max 3 digit # would it not be easier for everyone? this way for example if i were to pick the # 100 i would be # 100 in all the classes i ran, buggy, truggy,mt to me this confuses things much less because all your cars are the same #'s.

What are your thoughts?:IDEA:
dasilvaszo6 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor

no opinions i guess...
dasilvaszo6 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
John Bakker
I am: JB

I like it the way it is
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
"F" Main

You can run the same numbers on all 3 vehicles just pick a number with three digits that no one is using.
Martin Petre
Mugen Seiki
Team Driver
Byron Fuels
Skycraft Hobbies
2005 + 2007 Sammy's S.S. 1/8 buggy champ
2007& 08 GLORCS MT Champion
2008 Southern Ontario indoor MT Champion
2009 Canadian Winter nats 3rd 1/8 Pro Buggy
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
I'd be willing to say that if you're in three classes, that for the sake of keeping it simple, you would be allowed to pick one of the 300 series of numbers for 2009 and run it on all three. We wouldn't want to make this a common practise, though, as theres a couple of problems when it comes to racers selecting numbers, this biggest of which is the paperwork - its very very simple to assign a number that equals your finishing position for 2008... much more difficult to track when the number is different from the finishing position. Also, people tend to get upset is someone 'took their numbers' so to speak, so you either earn it from your finishing position, or get is assigned in numerical order as a new participant.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.