Congrats Daniel Yachnin ! ! ! ! ! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Congrats Daniel Yachnin ! ! ! ! !

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I heard that the STLR guys went down to the big Horizon Hobby shootout last weekend and that our young local star Daniel Yachnin kicked some serious azz. He outqualifyed Abiye Birku in buggy and got a smoking 7th overall in the A for truggy with some serious fast company!
I can hardly believe that nobody is making a fuss over this!
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

Total Props: 0
that is pretty cool. What happened to his car in the main?
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage":

"Finding Your Dream Home"
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

he had radio issues and didn't get to start the buggy main but he was FAST all weekend... it was amazing to see such a young kid keep his cool when racing with guys like adam drake and mike truhe... i marshalled the truggy a main and he kept his cool the whole race even when those guys barrelling down on him... lookout for next season, he's gonna be a fixture in the A

check out this pic of the young gun getting setup tips from the man himself...

Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Sean H

team Sprucewood needs to sponsor a photographer.

few photos from that race
samboneecanada is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor

Your one heck of a driver, and I for one look forward to watching you get faster and faster and...

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

Nice work Sprucewood. I notice P. Head did very well too.

Congrats to Mac as well for the foresight to sponsor Daniel...Good work there - he will benefit tons !
Skycraft Hobbies Racing
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

great job yachin! Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris topher

Great Job Daniel !
It's great to see such a young talent doing well not only in Canada, but also on the US stage ! Way to go ! Can't wait to see what next year holds for you !

As always, a big congrats to Peter, Abiye, and David and the rest of the team that attended. You represented well, go team,
Go Canada !
GearHead is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #9
RCC Supreme Contributor

Going to Illinois was kind of a last minute thing that turned out to be probably the best weekend I have ever had away racing. There was no pressure as our point series in Canada was over and it was a great way for the Team to wind down the season.

The weekned started with a 2 hour tour of the Horizon\Losi facility where over 600 employees work. It was impressive to say the very least. Then we were honoured by being taken out for dinner. Everyone was so friendly and made such a fuss about us Canadian's driving so far to make this race. All weekend we were treated like royalty!!

Props also need to go out to Peter Head who bumped his losi 8ight from the C Main to the B Main to the A Main. This was the same car that only a couple weeks ago finished 3rd in the 4 Hour Truggy Endurance Race.

The guy I really felt bad for was Abiye, this race was on a surface like nothing we had ever seen before, the track was very fast, very hard, and took incredible accuracy to make the bigger jumps. Abiye results did not show his abbility at all. Watching abiye in practice hunting down the likes of Truhe and Fischer and passing them was amazing to see! Abiye was in comand of his main right from the start however his car was making a horrible noise right from lap one. Dam bearings! Abiye lead for as long as he could but eventually had to pull out. I believe it was a diff bearing.

Chris Rodgers was the guy who just keeps surprising me. There was a really tricky double tripple and after he saw Fischer some how Tripple double this section, he said well if he can do it, SO CAN I. Chris's car was like 15 feet high in the air and flew a good 40 feet. It was so cool.

A big Thank you to Terry who helped my guys out all weekend and drove the best I have seen him drive!

Now on to Daniel, talk about a Cinderella Story! This kid is the real deal. He does not care who is on his back door and when Drake went buy him and bobbled Daniel cut back on the inside of him and slammed the door shut!!! Many do not realize that Daniel was not even running his own cars. In fact if it were not for the kindness of Ron Brott from Pinnacle Hobby Daniel would not have had any Losi Cars to drive. So he had never even driven a Losi (bug or Trug), was not even his cars, driving one of the most difficult tracks I have ever driven, on a surface like nothing we have seen, driving for a new team, feeling under the weather and all the while hanging with the big boys in RC Racing (over 15 States were represented). He was turning lap times equal to Dakota Phend. I know as Chris Rodgers and I were pitting Dakota for both his mains. (that in itself was sooooo cool) Just ask Chris!

So Gump thank you for starting this thread, what he\we accomplished was truely amazing. I could not have been prouder for my team, or for the level that we are getting to with RC Racing here in the Great Lakes area!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #10
Ballistic Racing/Hotbodies Team Captain

Thumbs up

great job Daniel....look forward to seeing you kick some butt in the 2009 deserve it buddy. Great driving...
Louie Zigurella
imported_Ziggy355 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.