When It Come`s To RC What`s Your Thing - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

View Poll Results: What Do You Prefer When It come`s To RC ??
Off Road 71 87.65%
On Road 6 7.41%
Other 2 2.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
Ballistic Racing/Hotbodies Team Captain

Total Props: 0
R/C: it's a sickness that I hope never leaves me....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I agree, I have been in the RC scene now for more than 12 years and I love it. It is my hobby and my passion. I also love my Truggy class and MT is a very close second. I also love me B4 and B44 and T4 and love racing at Fast Cats. I feel that Fast Cats is a excellent way to keep sharp in the off season and it is also very competitive and a lot of fun... I am looking forward to many more seasons with my Team and the whole RC community.
Louie Zigurella
imported_Ziggy355 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor

I have always been an off road guy. I have flown planes and helis too. Lately though I am starting to like the on road again. I am liking the clean playtime.I take out any of my on road beasts and just blow off the dust and call it done....lately, especially with the 5th scale, I have a huge cleaning job when I am done.... considering I clean cars for a living, I am getting a little tired of cleaning sometimes (if I could only fit the 5th scale in the dishwasher hmm?)

that said... indoor off road starts in a month woohoo. glad the J82 didn't sell now
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:16 AM   #13
RCC Apprentice

I like both but prefer offroad, specifically Stadium Trucks. :GRIN:
imported_Dukk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice

My vote is for offroad. I take my Revo or an RC10GT anywhere I go with the family,beach, park, shopping etc.....Like the freedom of play anywere any terrain. Even went so far as to put lights in the Revo(getting dark sooner).That being said, I just finished an all aluminum rc10 with street tires for out front of the house or parking lots, tired of wearihg out the nobbies. If I were to advise a new-B on what to buy for their first it would have to be an MT(and maybe an air compressor for cleaning..).
2 RC10GT,s
2 Losi XXX-NT
Losi nite crawler
Fix whats broke and drive it like you stole it:GRIN:
imported_GreenHornet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #15
RCC Noob

i like the versatility of off road as opposed to the limitations of on road.
RCCRAZY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor

I've always liked off road better then on road due to the skill level I'd rather just let her rip on dirt rather then going onto a track.
imported_offroader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

Both Onroad and Offroad

I like both classes. Both have it's up's and downs but, both are fun. Me personally prefer offroad just because, you can pretty much go on any terrain and is versatile. I am going to be doing some onroad racing next season to sharpen my set-up and driving skills. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #18

Having raced a lot of competition onroad in Europe, I can tell you that to succeed in it you have to be very robotic in your approach on and off track. There is very little tolerances involved in the racing itself, you have the right line and that's it. Step outside the perfect line Once or twice and you run the risk of throwing the whole race.
Additionally, setting up the cars is, well, a highly involved process and dare I say, a bit geeky. Nobody smiles, they are all deeply involved with their setup stations, constantly checking camber/Castor/Ackerman/brakes/bias to the Nth degree etc etc.

With offroad there's far more latitude in driving style. Sure, you have the "right" line etc but the tolerances are wider. Different people have different lines, many of which can be equally as effective given the nature of an uneven, loose track surface.
Setup of the vehicles is somewhat more straightforward.

Mostly though, offroaders smile more than onroaders at their respective events.
  Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.