Looking to possible add a 5th Scale Track - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
1/5 Scale RC Car & Truck All things related to the larger side of the hobby.

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Wow - I did not know there was this kind of interest! My idea was also the big open sweeping type of track with wide fast lanes and hay bails marking the track instead of hay bails.

What is stopping me from just saying for sure I am going to do this is the aquiring the new 5T. I am leaning heavy on buying this however until I do (not available yet) I will not make the track!

At least now I know I have someone to run with and that alone is making me want to get one even more!!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor

There are lots of guys with LS's. If you build they will come. Just have a look at the owners list here I started or at the HPIbaja froums The Roc started. Not as much grooming needed for this type of track too. I'll PM you with some extra info you might like too!
Elcon Cleon w/air brakes
imported_SELWA is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

just to show you that down in brooks here is what they built here is some pics http://www.basherhaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3151 basher haven they only deal with 1/5
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall , Torque is how far the wall moved after you hit it
theslam19_98 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
RCC Expert Contributor

count me in aswell.my baja will carve its own track if need be.
Wizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor

I had a look at that new HPI Baja Truck last week at SkyCraft Hobbies, That is one honey of an RC Truck ! As it should be for $1700. !!!
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #16
RCC Apprentice

im in, im wikking to drive all the way to hostile hobbies to run my bajas, so im willing to drive ane were in southern ontario lol
imported_DJtbster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #17
RCC Junior Contributor

theslam19_98, that place is a dream, wish we had somewhere to play like that
imported_toez71 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #18
RCC Apprentice

Oh man! Count me in. I have 3 Bajas, Ones all aftermarket, ones an SS and one 5T and I have been dreaming of a place to run them other than Hostile in Upstate NY. I'd be there weekly if you build this.... I think I can speak for the 50+ members of the GTA Baja group on the HPI Baja Forum in saying... If you build it, WE WILL COME. There are hundreds of Baja owners in the southern ontario region. Just say when and I'm there to help to race and to marshal! I just invested in a CNC Mill to manufacture Billet parts for primarily large scale and this would be a perfect test bed location... Can I interest you in some free alloy next summer??

Its not even christmas yet and this is awesome news!

On another note.....Since these are necessary at the track for everyone's safety!

If anyone needs a modified pico failsafe kill switch for their gas motor I do them for a small fee. Unmodified failsafe units are $30.+tax and I'm asking for $45. for a modified unit. Nothing big just to cover my time doing the mods.. takes 20 mins and some materials...

Modified units kill the motor by using the 3rd channel on your radio set up as a 2 position switch. The modified failsafe will shut off your motor if you hit the kill switch on your tx, lose radio connection with the r/c(unbinds or out of range), your rx pack drops below 3v(where servos begin to wander from center), sever a servo wire, sever a power wire or turn off the tx by accident. Its a worthy investment that prevents runaway's. It's easy to install, just solder the kill switch to the kill switch on your motor, plug in the other end to your rx's 3rd channel and you're done. Its also handy because you no longer need to hit the kill button on your motor after a run one click and you're done! Just send me a PM or come say hi at Sprucewood when the 1/5 scale track is up and running and i'll give you a demonstration!

Not trying to hijack the thread i just wanted to put it out there since safety at any track is essential to having fun! Sorry if I hopped on your shoulder man... Mac when you get your 1/5 scale drop me a PM and I'll send you one for free to make up for this....

Bradius is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:16 AM   #19
"F" Main

Dave Mc just grab a 5BSS half the price and that is the class that most people will run.
Martin Petre
Mugen Seiki
Team Driver
Byron Fuels
Skycraft Hobbies
2005 + 2007 Sammy's S.S. 1/8 buggy champ
2007& 08 GLORCS MT Champion
2008 Southern Ontario indoor MT Champion
2009 Canadian Winter nats 3rd 1/8 Pro Buggy
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #20
RCC Noob

A 1/5th scale track would be awesome. I will definitly be there with my 5b ss. Maybe this may even justify a 5t purchase. It would be great to see 5th scale organized racing in Ontario.
greddy2000 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.