Looking to possible add a 5th Scale Track - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
1/5 Scale RC Car & Truck All things related to the larger side of the hobby.

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks Martin, I will check it out. I know nothing about these, just that they look cool as Hell. Gump ran his a couple of years ago on my MX track and he was even clearing some of my smaller MX doubles and the thing loved the tabletops!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor

Why is it so much cheaper? I like the idea of building it. I would also like if it did not come with a radio, howver I can not tell from reading the add on the Horizon website
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
You know I'm down for it. I can help you with track ideas if you like, but I'm sure you have a good idea of whats needed after my 5b was on your motocross track that day.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #24
RCC Junior Contributor

Baja ss

Never knew there was this much interest in the 1/5th scale off road. Dave talked to me about buying one and changing his track. I will probably get one and start racing these to.

George s
imported_georgestilly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #25
"F" Main

The 5T is an RTR that is one of the reasons why it costs more. The baja 5bss is a kit that only comes with a very large steering servo, no radio. Which you don't need anyway. Here is the hpi link.http://hpiracing.com/
Martin Petre
Mugen Seiki
Team Driver
Byron Fuels
Skycraft Hobbies
2005 + 2007 Sammy's S.S. 1/8 buggy champ
2007& 08 GLORCS MT Champion
2008 Southern Ontario indoor MT Champion
2009 Canadian Winter nats 3rd 1/8 Pro Buggy
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #26
RCC Apprentice

The 5t costs more because HPI is trying to capitalize on the product being so new, there are a hand full of new parts on it that make it a truck. Otherwise its just a pre-assembled SS kit with those additions. The SS is the best value going because all you need is your current radio system and a servo for the throttle/brake function. a Hitec 5645MG or comparable would do the trick! If you want the truck it would be cheaper to wait for the Proline conversion kit coming out soon. It'll be half the cost to convert an SS than buying the actual HPI parts.

If you want any more info just ask, most of us are regulars on hpibajaforum.com If you build a track you could host a baja festival next year as well, if you advertise well in advance on the large scale forums you should get a fairly large turnout of 50-100 racers... Hostile BajaFest last september in Upstate NY had a huge turnout of 70 Bajas! It was a hella good time!

Bradius is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #27
RCC Junior Contributor

Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Wow - I did not know there was this kind of interest! My idea was also the big open sweeping type of track with wide fast lanes and hay bails marking the track instead of hay bails.

What is stopping me from just saying for sure I am going to do this is the aquiring the new 5T. I am leaning heavy on buying this however until I do (not available yet) I will not make the track!

At least now I know I have someone to run with and that alone is making me want to get one even more!!
hey dave; when ever you're ready buddy, we have 40+ members/baja ownwers registered in toronto on the GTA thread (HBF forum), we've been running at downsview park this year (make shift track) and the turnouts were great 15+ bajas at times, these guys are itching to run on a track. so let us know and we'll be there! even to help with the track built/maintnance (as always in the past).

just no bull*ing arround, dave; 1/5 scale is growing rapidly in T.O.

- 2stikTom -
4WD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #28
RCC Junior Contributor

WOW 1/5th scale racing in the GTA, snifle snifle, I think there is something in my eye.
Jammin x1-cr Factory Team

HPI Baja SS & Savage:GRIN:

Mini LST2

Action Hobbies in Brampton Rocks!

alfierc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #29
RCC Apprentice

Count me in as well. Would be great to have a track closer than New York.

HPI baja 5T

Check what we're about on http://www.durhamrc.com
imported_Newmer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #30
RCC Noob

We met two weeks ago at GP Kartways for the open practise. I currently race 5th scale on road but will be coming over to the offroad side. Shopping around for a Baja SS. Looking forward to racing at your track this summer.

Looks like you have enough interest to make this a reality!

rs5poisonclan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.