GLORCS Update (rules,tires) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
GLORCS Update (rules,tires)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This was posted on RC hobbies

( #1 Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Administrator / B.A.R. Team Driver Join Date: May 2004

Just to keep everyone in the loop, the directors met as a group recently and finalized a bunch of stuff for next season including the schedule of what tracks are using what dates. I am going to work towards contacting all the tracks over the next week to finalize things with them. I hope to meet with as many of our reps as possible early in the new year before we release everything for next season.

We are currently working on the rule book for next year. There won't be any dramatic changes but we will have to address some minor issues that won't seem to go away and we unfortunately will have to write rules for. I have recieved questions about the new Proline V3 tires. The current GLORCS rule regarding tires is that any tire is alllowed as long as they are available to ANYONE commercially, homemade tires are not allowed.

We have some big stuff in store for next year and will have some news that will no doubt blow some people away in the next week or two. Stay tuned for further updates.)
Hardcore Raceway The #1 place to run
imported_MikeB is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

thanks for keeping an eye on this mike, it will be fun seing if they help anywhere
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

I really hope that glorcs addresses the issue of consistency from event to event through the series.

SOme of the issues were;
  • Watering
  • qualifier format
  • number of qualifiers
  • length of mains

I know it turned a lot of racers off last year that track owners were allowed to make decisions through the event.
Skycraft Hobbies Racing
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor

Seems there could be some good points here, better get some Revolvers for next year !

I know it is late in the game but wouldn`t it be in the better interest of Glorcs to have an "open" meeting that everyone could attend if they wanted to ?
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
RCC Apprentice

hope they also look at the marshaling problems aswell
imported_3nitros is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #6
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Originally Posted by 3nitros View Post
hope they also look at the marshaling problems aswell
Unfortunately that problem will never go away

This is a very good idea so we can get clarification on rules before the season starts. I think one of the biggest problems last year as Nathan pointed out, was the inconsistancy of rules, ie: rules being changed and some even being made up as the race was going on. I honestly think that those rules need more emphasis than the technical rules, as they seem to be the bigger issue, not saying that we don't need "tech" rules, we do need them to keep everyone on a level playing field
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:27 AM   #7
RCC Apprentice

what is the rule for the # of people in the pit for 1 per car? Last year I seen as many as 3 people on a car?
REDNECK7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I read in a magazine about spec classes, i don`t think we need spec classes but how about dividing up the field according to experience.

Expert- Racer`s that are in the A,B main`s on a regular bases.

Intermediate - Racer`s in the C, lower B

Beginner - Racer`s in lower C and D,E etc

We all can learn from racer`s like Dave H. Abie, Peter and the other reg A main racer`s, but being realistic we won`t finish in the top of the A main as long as these guy`s are dominating our hobby. Opening up two other classes will give all of us other racer`s something to shout for and a chance to bring home some hardware. The word`s level playing field keep`s coming up and this would create a level field.

I really think this should be looked at and considered, it would not take a lot to make happen.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Racing Problems:

Since the end of the season we at Hardcore have been looking at new ways to improve the quality and efficiency of our race events. A number of issues have come up similar to what Nathan stated regarding watering, qualifier format, number of qualifiers, main length and of course the marshaling situation.

Watering and Qual format:

For our 2009 events we will be watering every 3 heats. At the glorcs event we will have presorted heats based on previous standings and there will be no resort. This enables us to give everyone the best track possible for at least one of their rounds. Ex. If there are 14 heats in a round then on the first round we will start with heat #1 so they get the water first. Second round we will start with heat #5 which will now get the water first (last round they got the water second). Third round we will start with heat #10 (which got water third in first round and second in second round) etc etc. This will also result in a less blown out track for the guys that are usually running the later heats. This system would be best for 4 rounds of qual points system making it the most fair way to conduct qualifying so that everyone has a equal playing field.

Number of Qualifiers:

When running Qual points 4 qualifiers is a must and that's what we will be doing at Hardcore for glorcs next year. To make this happen entry's will be capped so this will be a realistic goal.

When experiencing weather delays, monsoons, high wind etc when only 3 qualifiers can be run the system will be set to rocket rounds.

Main length:

Mains are usually set to 45 A, 30 B, 15 C, then 10 mins for all the rest. This is altered with only when there is a shortage of time due to weather or daylight. Usually time is most wasted at a track due to the race director having to spend 5+ mins after every heat calling for marshals. See section below.

Marshaling Problems:

This is a very hard problem to solve. It takes every racer to get out on the track right after the race to move the program most efficiently as possible. If the racers got out right away I'm sure we could run 5 rounds in a day. Racers are not the only ones responsible for this though. Marshaling has to be dealt with in a consistent manor from track to track so racers know how procedures are handled and what consequences will be issued for not fulfilling their marshaling duties.

The other major problem with marshaling is that people don't like to marshal during the Friday practices. To avoid this controlled practice would have to be run but this is a pain in the for the race director as they have to be constantly in the race booth.

Pro and beginner classes:

The mains already are a way of sorting the good drivers and the bad. Why should a guys that won the beginner class deserve a trophy when a person who won the Pro class is way better. And remember you have to lose first before you can win. Take Abiye for an example when he started he couldn't even drive around the track once without breaking. He got more wheel time and progressed up to the pro that he is today so now he earned everything that he wins.

And here is the glorcs rule for pit men:
Racers will only be allowed to have a pit crew of no more than one person. A second
person may be allowed to assist with technical problems or retrieving a disabled
vehicle however that person cannot be in pit row. If a vehicle requires repair then it
must be removed from the rail to the bench area and only then can the second person
enter the pits. Once repairs have been made the second person must leave pit row.

Jay C
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Jay that does not make sense, every sport has level`s for different skill. The beginner get`s the hardware cause he`s the best of the beginner`s that day. I understand that the main`s separate everyone, but the guy`s in the lower main`s have to shoot for the A or B to get anything, but if they where in a class of there own, it would be more of a LEVEL playing field.

It was just a suggestion, i think it would would out nice but what do i know, this is only me second year racing. How ever it work`s it`s still fun racing and improving my skill`s.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.