Prepayment of a Glorcs Event. - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
pre pay gets a price break, paying the day of the race it goes up to cover the hassle.

if you have ever had to order trophies and such, then you'd understand pre paying is a necessary evil. it's hard enough getting things done without a ton of last minute changes, then listening to complaints why they didn't get hardware after.... it takes time and money to order trophies. that's the least the organizers should be afforded. don't make hosting/booking a race any harder than it has to be or organizers won't want to organize anymore

pre paid races almost always have a rain date set aside. is the best tool a track can utilize for booking races and getting pre payments done. if you haven't registered your track allready, then take a look. it will make your life much easier.
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Prepay will eliminate entries. Many can't control circumstances that change. They would really like to be there.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: Jeff G

There is not a doubt in my mind that pre-paying will effect attendance unless there is some guarantee of refund ... Dave, with regards to my scenario, in a perfect world, yes this would work but available weekends are so scarce never mind whether an individual could attend a "make up" race could easily mean a racer risks throwing his money away. My teammate and I had a long discussion about this and we came to the conclusion that Team Geezer would probably look at more club racing if pre payment comes to pass ... just a reality of being family guys with a lot of distance to travel to most tracks and only so much $ to put into the hobby. Bottom line ... we would only enter races that we knew for sure had pretty much 0% chance of precipitation for the weekend if they were "over-nighters" (which means every track but Hardcore and Sprucewood).
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor

This is a good thread with good ideas:

Things come up! I prepaid for 3 classes and 2 nights of Hotel bils at Tilsonburg, money went bye bye as my little one got really sick just before I was leaving to go!

There should be a rule that if the event is a total washout that you receive 50% of your money back. Having a rain date is a good idea, however I know I can not offer one as well even if I could there is nothing to say that I as a racer don't have plans that weekend.

Also if you pre pay and have to back out last minute you should be able to receive 50% of your money back. (must notify the track before the event, afterwards is to late)

Joe I agree that the pricing has gotten to high at Glorcs Events.

In 2007 I charged $50 first class and $10 for 2nd class. However I believe most tracks charged $50 first and $20 seciond this year. I don't mind paying as long as I am getting good value for my money. If you do not want to give out trophies, shirts, have lots of porta potties and lots of prizes fine - JUST CHARGE LESS. It seems as soon as Glorcs they put a maximum you could charge everyone went to that price.

Yes there are more expensive races in the US or even in Canada $75 1st class and $50 2nd class at the Winter Nats this year however that is there perogative! Racers will see value and go or they will do something else!

However this is OUR series, we are in tough times and I feel GLORCS should work with the tracks to control the cost so more can afford to race!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #15
I am: Joeparent

Well said Dave!!
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor

Another 'pre-pay' issue would be that not everyone has credit cards!!! Almost ALL methods of prepayment involve credit cards. The only exception to this that I know of would be 'instadebit' but it's highly unlikely anyone would accept this means of payment.

For the record, 'instadebit' has grown enormously within the online poker site communities, and as the name clearly suggests, money's are instantly debited from your checking account...not a credit card!

For those of us with credit card balances that can't be paid off in full every month, we end up paying HUGE for race registration. Your 60 or 70 bucks over time, with interest, just turned into a $125.00 registration!!!

Just a thought!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #17
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Great point Kevin, i know my credit card is floating rather high and that could be a issue for me.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #18
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Trev
# of RCs: 25

I think i paid for all my glorcs races with paypal, which is linked to my TD chequing account.
Trevor Figueira
moptrf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #19
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

pre paying for people without credit cards

if people dont have a credit card or dont want to use it to pre pay your registration fees can pay by paypal.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #20
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

I won't use paypal or credit card.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.