Lipo question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Lipo question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey fellas, I have a 7.4V EXPRESS 20c 4500 mah lipo battery... I bought it used, fully charged and balanced it.. When I put it in my 2wd Buggy seemed like it had no punch what so ever!!! I threw in another used battery I bought 7.4v Losi 20c 5000 mah fully charged and balanced, and it ripped!!!! I get about 8.23 Volts for a reading when the EXPRESS LIPO is fully charged, just wondering what gives?

Thanks in advance Darrin
imported_Darrin70 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Doesn't sound like it's charging fully? Should get to 8.4v. How old was it when you bought it? It may be past it's prime.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice

He says it was a year old, and it has a internal voltage cutoff..Just wondering if I should discharger it? Will that bring it back?
imported_Darrin70 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jeff B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

I'd suggest just run it a couple times and see if cycling it normally will help it out. Then discharge it on your charger to 3 volts per cell minimum (6 volts in your case), and recharge. Does it feel better after it warms up by running some laps?
jbrow1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:57 AM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor

the express sounds like a copy of the trinty lipro they also are 4500mah with built in cutoff.I have had 2 of the trinity for well over a yr and they to have droped the voltage just not as much as yours i did a full discharge on both and it did bring bk some of the voltage but only about 5 mah.and they were never known for having great punch even as new but unreal run time.I run mine in a B4 2wd buggy with a 17.5 brushless and am getting 30 min or more runtime
yupwhateverusay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:16 AM   #6
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

lipos with a punch

if you want a lipo with enough punch to knock out georges st pierre check out the new thunder power pro race 2s 7.4 5000 mih lipo.

its a hard case lipo with 40c continuous and 60c burst. i bought a pair of them for my e-revo brushless and they have awakened the beast.

i have 15 lipos all from different manufacturers and i must say these new thunder powers are the best ive used so far.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.