Press Release March 6 2009 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Press Release March 6 2009

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
For Immediate Release

March 6,2009- The Ontario Nitrocross Series announced today that Sprucewood Schomburg,Ont will host round #4 of the 2009 Ontario Nitrocross Series scheduled for August 28-30 2009

Dave Maclean of Spucewood Leasing commented " Im so excited how far we have come in the sport over the last 5 years with all the racing that is available from club events to race series, its a great time to be and RC racer".

Sandy McIsaac of The Ontario Nitrocross Series stated " I am really stoked about bringing our series to Sprucewood. It is one of the best facilities we have in Ontario and I know the event will be a total blast".

Bob Adler of The Ontario Nitrocross Series commented " Im pleased that were able to bring an event back to Spucewood. "Mac" puts on a great show and this one is going to be better than ever".
imported_maverick is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Wow - I have to be honest when I first was asked to join this new series I did not give it much thought however once I found out more in regards to some of the things the guys running the series are trying to put forward (I won't steal their thunder by telling you guys all the details) and the fact that they are going to make my life as a track owner so easy by taking care of everything I thought it would be cool to give it a shot. I love the building of the tracks, the other stuff (running the race) was never my strong suit, so this is the best of worlds for me and is the main reason I said yes!

There is so much Nitro Racing (even reading today about Joe Parrent getting RC PRO firing on all cylinder here in Ontario) now running that there is pretty much something for everyone.

Now after racing at the Nitro Pit at the End of February and with the name Ontario Nitrocross Series and my Motocross Back ground you can only guess what my track is going to be like this year. James Stewart\Jeremy McGrath would be scared to even try it.

For thoses who can not make practice on the Friday during the day I will be renting lights so guys can practice into the night. I will not be running night Quals\Mains unless weather is in question. So it will be nice to have them just in case.

The Lions Club will be out in full force again and all proceedes from the race will be going to the Lions Club and they will be using that money to help two local blind girls get seeing eye Dogs.

There will be lots more information to come as I get everything worked out.

Feel free to check out my race site anytime for more information pictures of the track and more

I wish everyone a great summer of racing and I really look forward to hosting a race again! See you all soon!!

ps - anyone interested in the track build, set up, help in running the race, tear down etc. etc. many hands make for light loads and your help would be greatly appreciated.

pss - now I have to go back to all of my great sponsors from previos years and fill pit lane with prizes like before

psss - all you under 16 racers that loved the event last summer this year is going to be even better. I will have lots of new information coming to you all very soon (hint: this year the relay race will happen at lunch time on the Sunday of the Nitrocross - check out last years fun by scrolling down on the home page of my racing website
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor

I just put it on my calendar!!!

See you boys there, and I'd be MORE than happy to lend a hand with track preparation Dave, Sandy and Bob. I'll be in touch closer to the race date to get more details!

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #4
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re sprucewood nitrocross race

this is great news guys.

ive yet to have a chance to race at sprucewood and it looks like ill finally be able to give it a try.

the organizers of the nitrocross series really hit the jackpot being able to get sprucewood to host one of the nitrocross races.

cant wait for this one
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.