Old RELIC!!!!!!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Old RELIC!!!!!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I will start by saying Hi my names Adam, I am new to most of this R/C business,
And the forum.

Yesterday while having a couple beer in my buddy's garage we started playing around with an old( and I mean OLD) nitro buggy he had on his shelf.

We fired it up and it ran great. Long story short he sent it home with me.

So now I have a Kyosho Sandmaster ( I am assuming it's the MK2) anyhow it's a cool little buggy but it needs some work. nothing major though just some new rims and tires and I need to pick up a few things for it. Like Nitro obviously and some new glow plugs and an igniter. one thing i did notice though is that the rear wheels seem to wobble a little inside the rear hub, which I am hopeing is just a bearing issue. So I might be busy figuring some stuff out with that.
Anyhow it's my first nitro car. And If anyone has any decent pointers for getting started with this buggy I'd greatly appreciate it.
Oh it came with an old Airtronics controller aswell.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a decent shop while I'm at it. I live in Aurora. I don't know if there are any in Newmarket or not, and all the ones I used to know about in Richmond Hill are gone now.

Thanks alot and sorry about the novel.
(and Yes I know I won't be able to find parts to easy for it, but I can make a lot of them myself If I have something to go by.)
Leterdangle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

There is a shop in Newmarket, called Zoom Room, in the plaza on the south west side of bayview and Mulock.
I personally recommend going the distance to pinnacle hobby in Markham though, @ 48& 16th. but for ease of access, Zoom Room is excellent.
Greg Jones
1nferno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
What you have there is actually a bit of a collectible for some. If you REALLY want to fix it and actually run it, parts will be very difficult to come by.
You might have a better experience with the hobby if you sell it on ebay or by other means as a collectable and use the funds to purchase a good quality used kit.
Theres a guy on here named Ron Prinzen who's right into the vintage stuff. I'm sure he can help you out for ideas for parts if thats the way you want to go. Also I think Jordan Krupp and maybe David McLean might be able to help you out as well.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Found the front half an exploded view http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6...master1jg4.jpg

If you looking for parts, ebay is your best bet. With the these types of older cars getting parts is rather difficult. It all depends on how much you want to use it and what you want to get out if it
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
RCC Noob

thanks alot guys,
Really I only intend to play around with it a little. nothing too serious though. If I decide to step it up a bit I will definatly upgrade, likely to a truck or rock crawler.
Thanks for the pointers guys.
Leterdangle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.