Sid's How Wet Is It? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
Sids Raceway
RCC Contributor

I am: Dino & Crew
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just got an update from someone who is trackside and the recent rain have created some large pools of water.

Sorry but the track will not be useable today because of this.
Sids Raceway is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
Crafty
RCC Pro Contributor

I can't wait until the big race!! Have started preparations...

Crafty
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
88wingnut
RCC Junior Contributor

I was at the track today...with the recent rain there are large pools of water and areas that are extremely muddy. Please don't use the track or step in wet areas until the track committee gives us the green light.
88wingnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

sids track update

i called sids at 10am today and they said theres still muddy spots on the track .

no practicing for us until it dries.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
imported_Ziggy355
Ballistic Racing/Hotbodies Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post
i called sids at 10am today and they said theres still muddy spots on the track .

no practicing for us until it dries.

that sucks...they should invest in a cover for the track.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #16
Sids Raceway
RCC Contributor

I am: Dino & Crew
# of RCs: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy355 View Post
that sucks...they should invest in a cover for the track.
That approach has already been tried. A very large and expensive poly tarp was ordered and used last season. The problems we found were:

1. No matter how carefully the tarp is handled, eventually it gets some holes in it causing leaks.

2. Unless you are laying it on a grade or have some sort of supporting structure underneath the water tends to pool on top of the tarp instead of running off.....see #1 above......

3. It is not practical to round up a crew of people to cover and uncover the track surface at the whims of mother nature. It is NOT a 1-2 man job.

So the heart of the matter is that we are dealing with an outdoor track. As such we have to accept whatever weather we receive, good or bad. Suffice to say that we have not been able to catch a break this spring!

When it rains we do as much as possible with the resources available to speed the drying process.

We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation while we all wait for the surface to dry.

Keep watching this website as well as www.sidsraceway.com for updates on conditions!!
Sids Raceway is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #17

Total Props: 57
Oh, the fun of outdoor racing
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
Ron_Prinzen
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsRaceway View Post
That approach has already been tried. A very large and expensive poly tarp was ordered and used last season. The problems we found were:

1. No matter how carefully the tarp is handled, eventually it gets some holes in it causing leaks.

2. Unless you are laying it on a grade or have some sort of supporting structure underneath the water tends to pool on top of the tarp instead of running off.....see #1 above......

3. It is not practical to round up a crew of people to cover and uncover the track surface at the whims of mother nature. It is NOT a 1-2 man job.

So the heart of the matter is that we are dealing with an outdoor track. As such we have to accept whatever weather we receive, good or bad. Suffice to say that we have not been able to catch a break this spring!

When it rains we do as much as possible with the resources available to speed the drying process.

We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation while we all wait for the surface to dry.

Keep watching this website as well as www.sidsraceway.com for updates on conditions!!

...I remember that day, pulling off the tarps....well, it was a good attempt anyway

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #19
Chet
RCC Contributor

Any one see how bad it looks for this weekend? There saying its going to be a nice day Sunday. But I dont know how much rain you guys got around there the last couple days?

http://www.greathobbies.com/
Chet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #20
Narly1
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
Any one see how bad it looks for this weekend? There saying its going to be a nice day Sunday. But I dont know how much rain you guys got around there the last couple days?
Hey Chet, I wouldn't hold my breath. I do know that some of the committee members are planning to be at Sid's tomorrow working hard on the track surface.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that a decision will be made and the outcome posted late tomorrow as to whether or not the track will be open on Sunday.

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in