Savage or T-Maxx - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 1
Savage or T-Maxx

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
what one is better and why?
Z3R0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
re savage vs tmaxx

if your looking for the best all around basher truck then imo the savage is the best bet.

you can get a savage x with a .25 big block all the way to a savage xl with a huge 5.9 (.46) with a 3 speed tranny .

if you really want power check out the new savage flux brushless. parts support and hop are parts for the savage are second to none . savages are very tough monster trucks that can really take a beating.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Sean R

stock savage vs stock t-maxx i think the savage is a better truck, but with a few hop-ups and the t-maxx is a better truck in my opinion, the savage is harder to work on and in the end less reliable they have braking issues and diff problems. Jam a bigblock in your t-maxx with a set of rpm arms and better bulk heads and the t-maxx is a beast
ROBILLARD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
RCC Apprentice

i own both trucks.
savage is better by far !
i like working on the savage better and think that the over all layout is better.
aaaaand its a million more times durable aaaaaaaand ive never had any diff problems.

savage all the way
imported_Striker138 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
RCC Noob
I am: Brett C.

You guy's got it all wrong Kyosho MFR is the monster truck to run! my flies!
krusty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
RCC Contributor

The twin vertical plate chassis design of the Savage is the toughest out there! There are sooo many versions of this Hpi beast that you can never stop changing the truck, but the both of them still have no place on the track, i mean to compete anyways, the revo will always spank both of them for lap times, but bashing is a whole different entity.
I jumped a small school bus on concrete with my Savage 21 with a Xtm 24-7 engine, landed it, and rolled a few times but ended up back on it's wheels and didnt break anything! now that is tough. I have never owned a Tmaxx so i cant really say anything about it.
1nferno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
RCC Apprentice

My opinion

I Likeboth trucks. Stock the savage rules any stock monster truck. but a tmaxx with a os.21 forward only with a metal gear kit, rocks also. Its not a cheap conversion, but i rather race my tmaxx over the savage.
imported_racingnazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
RCC Noob
I am: Steve S

savage v. t-maxx

i have a savage 25 that was bought about six years ago am on my second engine with it. the stock engine had approx. 15 gals thourgh it and then I put in An Os 30 and propably have 8 gals through it . I have jumped and bashed all the time and other then wear parts and one set of diffs have never broke anything the worst that I did to it one time was, that I was screwing around and hit a five foot daimeter tree. All I did was bent one of the screws in the front bumper. A friend that I run with has T-Maxxs and is always replaceing something.

Just my experience

stevesanderson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
RCC Junior Contributor

Don't overlook the Revo... just as tough of a basher, but turns/handles like a Truggy. You'll be driving circles around the savage+t-maxx, and it is pretty much race ready out of the box if you ever wanted to venture down that road. The 3.3 makes alot of power... and theres lots of cheap upgrade motors from OS and the like.
sutherlandan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
RCC Contributor

I would go with savage.i have both and i prefer the savage and i also prefer the x over the xl.
Team Associated RC18R
Team Associated RC18B
Team Associated RC18MT
HPI E-Savage
HPI Firestorm
HPI Nitro RS4 3ss
HPI Savage X
HPI Savage XL
Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
Traxxas E-Maxx 16.8
2 JR XS3 Pro
imported_petes66 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.