great weekend at glenwood - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
great weekend at glenwood

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
on behalf of ballistic racing id like to send out a big thanks to dr drew and brian bellinger for putting on an amazing glorcs final.

mother nature kicked us in the once again with a ton of rain on sunday but thanks to the great drainage and alot of work the track was good to go come noon time.

the track layout was great and the racing was a blast, even though the 3-4 pounds of mud on my e-revo and my truggy was a real pain to clean off.

i missed the first glorcs race at glenwood this season but the guys that were able to make it kept talking about how much fun the track was to race on and they were right.

thanks to kevin and dawn from k&d action photos for providing the trophy pics for the race also. we sure missed you guys the past few races.

congrats to all the winners and see you guys at the glorcs banquet.

thanks glenwood crew for putting on a race weekend that i will never forget.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: DerekS
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 1
Yes a big thanks to the Glenwood Crew Doctor Drew and the rest of the crew. Great announcing by Kyle and thanks again for putting together a fun and challenging layout great job draining the track after it had rained all weekend and great racing. Hope to see you guys next year!
Derek Sousa
1/8th Scale Nitro Offroad: Mugen Seiki, 1/10th Scale Electric Offroad: Team Durango
Mugen Seiki, Team Hardcore R/C, VP Power Masters Fuel, AKA, Alpha and Savox Factory Driver, HRP
2QK4U is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor

My hats off to the Glenwood crew too. They did an amazing job this weekend. NOT ONE PROBLEM...other than the rain. Kyle is really something else on the mic too. Great job guys. Hope you can all make it to the awards banquet!!!

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor

I want to thank everyone for coming out and making this our bigest race of the year!! 140 plus entries!!!~!!!!

Thanks to the glorcs commite for giving us the opportunity for hosting this race. and proving once again we dont care about the weather forcast !

when mother nature gives you lemons you make lemonaid

Also want to thak everyone who helped for this event . geting the track ready and
as well as Kyle and Rick for all their hard work in the booth!!!!! it helps Brian and myself not lose as much hair on such a busy weekend
also a shout out to K&D for all their hard work and suport this year.

so congrats to all the winners for the race as welll as the series.

here is a link to the results

We at Glenwood do have one more event up our sleave. we will be having a racer appretiation day in october . Details to come soon.
and yes there will be a speed run and a jump off.

Seeing Reds tc3 going 79 mph around the full size track was a good insentive
Glenwood R/C track and store owner
DOCTORDREW is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
That was my first visit to Glenwood and i had a great time. The track layout was challenging but fun. The gentilemen on the mic put some real excitement into the racing, but please move that dam speaker under the drivers stand, i`m still his voice bounce around in my head, lol

Thanks to all involved, you guys did a fantastic job !

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Just wanted to send a shout out to glenwood for a fabulous weekend, and a job well done despite the weather situation.

And a big thankyou to all the other track owners and racers for a great season. I look foreward to racing with some of you over the winter and the rest of you next season.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
RCC Pro Contributor

Fantastic !
It feels great to be the Mugen meat in the Tamiya sandwich or if we put shoe-polish on Gareth, the cream in the Oreo cookie !

Awesome weekend ! Thanks to ALL !
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
RCC Junior Contributor

Gareth & Abiye & Tamiya 801X - 1st and 3rd in buggy
Gareth & Tamiya 801Xt 1st in truggy by 2 laps
Tamiya DB01
FT SC10 4x4
stoneman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
"F" Main

Great time had by all..!!! Glenwood crew never gave up on the track. After that second rainstorm in the afternoon on sunday i figured we were done. Congrats go out to my friends Jordan in MT, George in Buggy and Gareth in Truggy for their GLORCS championships.
Martin Petre
Mugen Seiki
Team Driver
Byron Fuels
Skycraft Hobbies
2005 + 2007 Sammy's S.S. 1/8 buggy champ
2007& 08 GLORCS MT Champion
2008 Southern Ontario indoor MT Champion
2009 Canadian Winter nats 3rd 1/8 Pro Buggy
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
RCC Junior Contributor

Yeah Martin couldn't believe they got it running after the second storm, track was good going in to the A-main. Thanks for the congrats Martin, congrats also to Garett and Jordan for their championships. To bad the weather wasn't that great on Saturday night me and Bob had a party brewing. We will just have to make it up at the banquet. Thanks go out to the boys that run GLORCS the racing was great and competition was tight, looking forward to next year.

Thanks George Stilly
imported_georgestilly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.