Brushless system - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Brushless system

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am looking at brushless systems and I don't want to get a slow one but I don't want to get one that is very unreliable either.All I will be running the emaxx on the track,so I don't care about being sensored.I have been looking at the HV_MAXX. Is this system comparable to say a 10l nemisis?Any help is greatly appreciated.
jonemere is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

this is just what i here(so please don't get pissy if u don't agree with this), the tekin RX8 is one of the best if not the best 1/8th scale system out there.

they have motors up to 2650kv, so it is not slow at all.
Nicholas Schweiger

On temporary back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
RCC Contributor

I would also recommend the RX8... I got rid of my MMM system in my e-revo to pick up the RX8 and haven't looked back. More then likely buying 2 more systems for my 1/8 buggy and truggy for this years racing. I've had the Novak system and it's not a whole lot better then the stock brushed set up speed wise, you just have a bit longer runtime and less maintainance.
imported_mavrick0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re brushless systems

there are several really good brushless 1/8 systems on the market now.

pricewise you cant beat the mamba monster . i ran the mamba monster in my e-revo last season and overall it was pretty reliable. never overheated once.

the new tekin rx8 system is a really good system but pricewise its more than the mamba system.

even lrp is getting into the game with a 1/8 brushless system .

id stay away from the novak hv maxx stuff. their speed controllers have a bad habit of thermalling even when you run a mild setup.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
traxxas guy
RCC Junior Contributor

Sorry to jump in here...But what about twin traxxas Velineon motors in the e-maxx...Seeen some videos on you tube...Looks really fast...

Also i have a mint condition Stampede VXl i can,t seem to sell for the life of me...Thinking of taking the Velineon system out of it and trying a single motor set-up...

Any thoughts and oppinions would be great....
traxxas guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
RCC Contributor

+1 On running a Mamba Monster. I have one in both my emaxx's and there awesome! Iv never had any over heatting and the speeds are insane.
imported_xxSLiMxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.