hi new to BL what should i get for a blitz? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
hi new to BL what should i get for a blitz?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi i'm new to BL's so i'm not sure what to look at or get .
i'm going to be getting a hpi Blitz in the next few weeks, and for this summer i would like to race at my rc club.
now they have a open 2wd sc truck class.
but funds are low after the i buy the blitz so what would be a good BL to buy do i go cheap or do i save my money and get a better one down the road.
can i just get Lipos first for the truck and see if i can get a used BL?
and what size of motor and Lipos to get ?
I'm lost any help would be great.

thank you.

imported_bigbear is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

i would suggest the mamba 4600 combo for your blitz... you should be good with any 2S (7.4 volt) lipo pack with 4000mah or more...
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re brushless for your blitz

i run the mamba 4600 kv combo in my blitz with thunder power 2s 5000mah lipos and it runs great.

plenty of power and the ease of setting up your motor and esc profiles makes the mamba a really good choice.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
RCC Noob

what about the traxxas Slash 4x4 1/10 VXL Velineon 3s Brushless Motor and the Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL-3s Speed Control Brushless ESC .
and what should i be looking to spend ?
is it posable to get a good BL motor and esc?
what make of lipos to get and what size?
what about chargers too.
there's just way to much info out there for me to take in.
thank you for your help guys.

imported_bigbear is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
Red Rooster
RCC Noob

I've tried both the Velineon VXL kit and own the Castle 4600KV sidewinder combo. You will have lots of speed with either. Depending on what your doing with it, the Traxxas being waterproof is a nice feature. I found that the Castle motor runs a fair bit warmer. I run the Turnigy 5000mah Hard Case Lipos and they have great performance for the price.

Hope this helps.
Red Rooster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
Sven T Johnson aka Ice Dragon
I am: Sven J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 24

I would go with the new SCT mamba system. But if the money allows grab a Tekin 3200kv with a Mamba pro esc. and a Nano-tec 6000 45c 2s battery.
Sven T Johnson aka Ice Dragon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ryan Mckay
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

I`ve always had good luck with the Mamba`s and the new Pro Gives you so much flexability in the future for higher voltage and Kv motors. The 4600 is all you would every need to race and actually get the rears wheels to hook up.

If you looking at running indoor through out the winter We have a Stock SC class that you can run lipo up to 30c and the stock ESC and motor. This way you dont have to compete with the brushless systems. Gives you time to save up for a good sytem and get good practice time in with the truck.

As for batteries the more the MAH the longer the run time but dont go over board with the C rating as with the 2wd you still need to get the power to the ground and it will keep the cost down of the battery as well.

Good luck.
Woodstock RC
TnT Costumz http://www.tntcustomz.com/
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor, Dirt Oval Racing.
fuzz86 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #8
RCC Apprentice
I am: Patrick B.
Radio of choice:
Futaba FASST
# of RCs: 22

As Phoenix said, castle is coming out with an SC motor esc combo.. its a 3600kv which have less rpms than the 4600, but its a 4-pole motor which has way more torque. Motors with more magnet pairs (poles) also run much cooler. I have a feigao 4-pole 6000kv on my TA05ifsr with an FDR of 5.19 that runs 15-18deg C cooler than my TA03f 5700kv castle motor with an FDR of 6.75...

I personally run a vxl 3500kv system on my blitz and find that I have a lot of wheel spin as it is, so getting the rear to hook up is a constant practice of throttle control.. but its waterproof so I can bash my blitz in any weather condition without the worry of shutting down. And with the lower kv motor I get 30-40 min run time balls out on a 5000mah pack.

just realized the og post was almost a year ago...
Tamiya TA03F-Pro * TA05 * TA05-R * TA05ifs-R * FF03-Pro * F103 * F201 * M-03 * TG10mk.2 * DF03 * F350 * CC01
HPI Blitz 3S
Enroute Berg Tracer
Traxxas Revo2.5r Brushless
Aquacraft Supervee27R
liquidgenesis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #9

im a big fan of the trassas vxl as it is waterproof but a racer might want to do something like a teken.
  Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.