Truggy | Buggy... Which one? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #31
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mike L

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
yea but the thing is in the nicer weather i would be running the Mantis, I mean its very simular to a revo in terms of stance and such.. If i lived in a warmer part of the contry I would not even be considering it.. I would be running the Mantis and the Slash year around.. However due to the snow and crappy weather we have here i am looking for something 4x4 that can be run in the snow and water... Something i can't do with the Mantis.. ( I tried.. lol and the water caused an uncontrolled crash causing alot of damage )

With all the building going on in town, the poor upkeep of our parks and fields i really need something with a nice stance... The 1/8th scale has it and the Emaxx will.. I am not sure about the erevo.. I was running my slash last night with Stampede tires on it and i can't see the revo having much more clearance than what the slash did and it was closer to the ground than i would have liked.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #32
RCC Contributor

Then you aren't looking at the right e-revo's. They have the same height as the e-maxx's when setup that way and have way more setup options then an e-maxx ever will have if you decide to race it or want to run it on the street without it rolling. But I will say one thing an 1/8th scale isn't a basher, and was never intended to be a basher, they are racers. 1/8th scale is a really, really expensive basher as you've already found out.
imported_mavrick0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #33
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mike L

I must admit, I am only buying to bash.

If i get into racing its going to be 1/8th scale which i have. If i can get a satisified basher i will spend less fixing up my Mantis

I had the Slash out lastnight running the stampede Talon wheels and tires and i must stay i liked the look and handling.. Given it was snowing the the roads where ice so i had not grip but it still went like stink.

For me to spend $600+ on a erevo is not going to happen. I have the Slash with brushless system.. My issues seem to be keeping it on the ground and clearance.

Stiffer springs? Longers shocks and bigger tires should resolve that issue.. I am thinking teh Stampede tires with some nice agressive tread and a E-Maxx body mounted would look very simular to a E-maxx. Minus some of the abilities that comes with the e-max but much lighter, and 1/2 the run cost ( 1 battery compared to 2 and 1 motor compared to 2 )

4x4 is something i really wish i had on the electric but again can be swaped out for less than 1/2 the cost of a new kit.. and won't get my wife worked up as she really would not see the difference.

Just comparing specs, Aside from the Erevo running the duel motors its not all that much different from the Slash, aside from the 4x4

Length: 22.36"
Width: 11.65"
Wheelbase: 13.2"
Dry Weight: 76.2 oz

Length: 22.91
Width: 16.48”
Wheelbase: 14.09
Dry weight: 151 oz
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.