Eflite blade msr - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: joe zuccaro

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by 4wdmt View Post
. . . and what a RUSH it is! I never looked back! Now, all my RC budget goes to Helis .

I got bored with Monster Truck RCs that I am losing interest. (It was last year) One day, while doing the laundry in our apartment building area, somone left a RC heli mag on the seating area. I picked it up and started reading. I said...would it be cool to know how to fly heli. What do you know, I found myself checking the internet and watching endless youtube vids. After a ton of research, I ended up buying a fixed pitch heli . . The Hirobo SRB Quark. That thing is a pricey micro, but man...it was worth every penny. It was as stable as a coaxial with the maneuverability of a fixed pitch. Yes I crash and I crash and I crash . . . But those crashes becomes less and less and less until I found myself checking the internet again, what is the next best step after micro. They say a 450 sized heli. I was able to make a deal for my RTR Savage Flux to a RTF T-Rex 450 SE (version - 1). man, after spooling that up, another different RUSH! If there is one thing my Hirobo SRB Quark taught me, is actual flying control. I never used a training gear on my first hover with a 450. Yup, that is what you get with good practice (fixed pitch heli in my case). I need to re-learn how to control collective and cyclic controls, but after a few steady hovers (albeit-lots of crashes also), you are ready to transition to different aspects of heli flying.

The bigger the size you are flying, the more money you will spend with parts. So, take into account your budget also when choosing your next size.

Everyone started as a newbie. I am not an expert also. But once you did your first hover. First side-in hovers. First nose-in hovers (that is hard for me). First fowrad flight. First Loops and Rolls. You will always find something exciting and always get that new rush plus added pucker factor. It never gets me bored.

I may not be like other expert 3D pilots also (I may never will be). But I sure try to beat my own feat everytime I go out and fly. You will find youself saying...I though I can never do that. If only someone is there with me when I fly, cathing this on film and post it in youtube .

Keep on flying.

BINGO U HIT THE JACKPOT, when u said learning the controls that is the most important thing to learn, is what the sticks do and how they respond, but to be honest my .50 raptor was the most stable heli i owned then moved to a 600 nitro t rex, the trex wasnt as stable as the raptor, but it was way faster, then i moved to a 450, and man this thing is fast, my theory after learning to fly, is learn the sticks and learn to hover and learn to bring it back to home base and u will succeed
losi 2.0 t , when they screws dont fall out haha

serpent 811 cobra
skidoos is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
RCC Noob
I am: John B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: Eflite blade msr

Going to a 450 from an Msr is a giant leap. May I suggest the Blade 120sr first. It can be flown outside on calm days and won't bust your wallet at $130 for a BNF.
Foggy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1
Re: Eflite blade msr

The mCP X isn't as bad as people make it sound for stability. I find it holds a steady hover with less input than my blade 400. The 400 will definitely take more wind, and is less sensitive to being over controlled (more mass/momentum). The BIG benefit of the mCP X is that if you fly over grass and cut the power most crashes won't result in any damage at all.

The only time I broke any parts on mine was when it got caught by a big gust of wind. I lost control, so I cut the power about 50 feet up but it ended up drifting out over onto pavement. Total damage was a broken landing gear skid (only one leg broke), and the tail fin snapped off.

If you do go for one, get the V2.
wparsons is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.