Ontario Rd 3 - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #71
Nate T

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Awesome weekend, we had a blast!
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #72
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
First of all i would like to thank all involved with building the track and all the hard work you guy`s put in to get it ready for Fri. afternoon. Also thanks to Joe, Tim, Nick and crew for your part. It was a fun weekend of racing as usual.
A special thanks to Howllen, Dobb`s, Wheel`s, T.Hopcraft....John for the AWESOME food and last but NOT least Gareth for ALL your help with getting my Reedy tuned and pitting for me....THANKS GUY`S !!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #73
RCC Supreme Contributor

There's NOT ONE THING about this place that I disliked, and amazingly enough, it was only the first major race there. I'm still shakin' my head in disbelief over how much I liked this place. Hotel with pool, Timmies, Subway, bar, lake for swimming and bathing, fun track (thanks Mooogenators), long/high drivers stand, huge pit space, and so on, and so on... A real diamond in the rough!

The racing was terrific this weekend, and it was so awesome having everyone out to have some fun! Can't wait until Sprucewood now!!!

Just an FYI to those who didn't make the trek down to the lake, or go in the water...guessing the lake is about 72-75 degrees, and WOW, did it ever feel awesome to freshen up after I finished packing up!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this weekend a success, and to T N T for their donation. Very cool!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #74

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I have been super lucky to have the best people around to help out with everything and I'm going to give them all of the credit for the success of this event.

John, Martin, Jordan, Tim, Chad, Jos, Murray, Abiye, Adam, Josh, Tash, Nick, Joe, Tom, Vic, David, Steve, and Kaiser (yes, even my dog). That's for all being there for me to help me through my first event.

For everyone that came to race. Thanks for believing that I could pull this off. I hope I left a good impression, and you will come back again soon. I know you really dazzled my local crew, and they are looking forward to racing with you.

This reminds me why we all work so hard. I love it. I hope you all feel you got a good weekend for your money.

Next up, I'm going to start a Club Series for my guys.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:08 AM   #75

Someone(`s ) picked up two O`Donnell Temp gun`s ( the little orange ones, we lost two ). Mine, the back clip was painted a pinkish red. If any of you picked these up by mistake can you please send me a email.

Thanks !
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #76
Pete Elphinstone Jr
RCC Junior Contributor

What an awesome weekend.
For the first race at this track it was almost perfect. The track was awesome and it made for very close racing. If you got a chance to watch the truggy Amain it was so very close for most of the race. The track surface although it would dry out offered great traction and excellent tire wear. I ran a set of M3 crimes and they lasted all weekend with still 75% tread left.
Great job by all,thanks Joe for your effort in getting this awesome racing faciltiy going, thanks to the mugen guys, also great to have Nick running the show this weekend, he always does a great job.
Joe I have one request. Please get a saturday series going ASAP.
Pete Elphinstone Jr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #77
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

Yeah good weekend of racing again. Love the fact it is a battle to even make the A Main. Makes for super fun racing! Good job by the race crew. I never thought I would say this, but I am having more fun racing Nitro over Electric! 8th scale electronics don't seem to have the reliability just yet (which makes it frustrating). Still learning this tuning stuff (always thanks out to Abiye for the help) but I feel the podium coming closer and closer! See you guys at the next one!

I have a small write up here: www.johnnyboy.ca
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #78

Another awesome RC Pro race weekend. A well run weekend at a great facility. Nick and Joe - great job putting the race on. Didn't feel rushed and you guys still squeezed in 4 rounds on Saturday. Fun track layout... Excellent job for Average Joe's first major race.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #79
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up awesome weekend

aweome weekend.a big thanks & respect to joe an crew for a sweet weekend an great food & cold drinks.also to all the winner's congrats to u.i would also like to thanks my team mates,tommy,rob,an joe for all there help an support this weekend.a big shot out to johnnie an chewy for helpin me wit some fuel when i ran out.love the fact there's a lake right in ur back yard.lol.also thanks to caster racing(kevin taylor)for a motor when mine gave me trouble.lets do it again at sprucewood's race there its gona be a big big race.
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.