Advice from Electric Touring Car Guru's!?!?! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
On Road RC For nitro & electric on road rc racing

Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So then maybe the TC4 because of it's Shaft drive and Resin Chassis?

To be honest the Idea of having Carbon Fiber move that fast was scaring me a little,LOL
EST1982 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #12
RCC Contributor
I am: Joe b

Go cheap, go fast!!!!

My 2 cents is get a cheap TC3 or TC4 off ebay or a freind. Put a Mamba max in the with a 5700KV Motor (The 6900KV and 7700KV motors are limited to 2 Cell lipo) and pack a 3 Cell Lipo in it. Gear it up to the motors max temp and away you go!!! You don't need a top of the line chassis if you're just looking for top speed in a straight line.
Cheap, easy and WILL WORK
Go Team Venture!!!
Team 5%
joe.bielski is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #13
Nate T

Shaft drive call for sure if you are going for top speed
TC4 is a good choice, or if you can find it, perhaps an Tamiya evo 3 or 4 if you like a little more style.
Foam tires as they are lighter, therefore less rotating mass = faster car.
Jaco nitro shoes are a good choice
The other nice thing about them is they come trued around 63 - 64mm so you get a little more top end over rubber tires which will compress to 60 - 61mm under load

I prefer making the car as light as possible, and tune for stability with body and suspension.

Make sure after you build the car and start to wire it up, that you use the shortest possible wiring job you can do, go over the whole car to make sure nothing is broken and that all the bearings are in top notch shape. Little things like this can cost you a lot of money if something breaks or wears out at top speed.

as far as battery and motor combos, google it and see what guys are running. That should be a pretty good indicator of what way to go.

Hope this helps
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #14
RCC Apprentice
I am: Patrick B.
Radio of choice:
Futaba FASST
# of RCs: 22

i personally have a belt drive (TA05) thats been converted to all carbon fiber to keep it as light as possible and running mamba max 9000. my buddy has a shaft drive (TB Evo 5) running a novak 3.5r. His is faster if he can keep it straight. That's why i choose belt. natural motor direction makes it go straight as opposed to torque steering like my buddy's. Ask him how many times hes lost control and ended runs early. When you're hitting speeds of over 130kph you need as much control as possible.

and yeah shafts will give you instantaneous power, but when you're running over 500watts, you get instantaneous power regardless of its belt or shaft. and why would you want to have instant power right away anyways? you'll be going nowhere fast as youre just spinning wheel and chunking your foams.

if you have any doubts of belt drive ability, just look up Nic Case's record setting run of 161mph and figure out what he's running. (i'll give you guys a hint.. its has two belts)\\

my advice to anyone building a straight line top speed car is to buy what you can afford, but spend your money on good electronics.. having a $400 TC5r wont mean anything if you have $50 chinese brushless system in it.
Tamiya TA03F-Pro * TA05 * TA05-R * TA05ifs-R * FF03-Pro * F103 * F201 * M-03 * TG10mk.2 * DF03 * F350 * CC01
HPI Blitz 3S
Enroute Berg Tracer
Traxxas Revo2.5r Brushless
Aquacraft Supervee27R
liquidgenesis is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.