Truggy or Buggy....? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Truggy or Buggy....?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi, I'm quite new to Canada but been racing off and on since I was about 12(many many moons ago!).

I usually race 1/10 touring but have always wanted to get into Nitro or at least 1/8 scale.

My question is which is the better to drive?! I really love the looks of truggies but wonder if they'd be more clumsy to drive? What are the pros and cons?

I was looking at the Hot Bodies Truggy as i love building a kit and it looks a good machine for the money, also alot of the rtrs seem to need a few upgrades before they're race ready which make it more economical sense to build your own package. I'd like to be competitive but not break the bank as I'm not sure how many meetings I might get to in a season!

Thanks in advance
imported_stubaxle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Truggy! Oh Ya!!!!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Buggy or truggy

I'll second macs ohhh yaaaa for truggy

I run a hot bodies truggy and I've found it to be a very durable and competitive machine

Lots of hop up parts are available but even stock out of the box its a good truggy
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #4

truggies are easier to drive than the buggies.. but if you got the buggy down.. you will definitely be able to wheel a truggy like no other.. if you intend to race both.. start with the buggy and practice on that... if not then go with the truggy ... my biggest mistake was driving the truggy first.. now i got a buggy... i can barely stay on the race line.. got some learning to do..

thats my take...

oh yeah and i am also a hot bodies guy... good trucks and very cheap in comparison
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

If you want all out fun and ease of driving go truggy, but if you want a bitt of a challange and a test of you skills go buggy.
Nicholas Schweiger

On temporary back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
RCC Noob

Thanks guys!

Sold 100% on the truggy, not only do they look cool, but they're easier to drive? Win Win in my opinion!

I'm not a great driver, but it keeps me trying hard and i just love the toys!

Now, think I gotta find a good used one. I have a bit of experience of nitro having owned but only ever bashed an old savage SS and a Hyper7. Which are both the wrong side of the atlantic right now!

Thanks again, and I look forward to learning how to fly a truggy!
imported_stubaxle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.