Brushless Baja Racing - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
1/5 Scale RC Car & Truck All things related to the larger side of the hobby.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mike L

Total Props: 0
Brushless Baja Racing

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Castle has stepped it up..

A Brushless motor and esc for the 1/5th scale stuff.. and a conversion kit for the 5B!
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ryan Mckay
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Not cheap but would be fun.!!!
Woodstock RC
TnT Costumz
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor, Dirt Oval Racing.
fuzz86 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

Looks good but still expensive no matter how you look at it. I was going to do this to one of my Elcons but by the time you get a good system and batteries you are getting close to $1000 and then runtime is limited. You can get a few engines for the price and run as long as you want with a few bucks of fuel.

One of the issues that have always raised concern is that it still have some sort of clutch system.
Elcon Cleon w/air brakes
imported_SELWA is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
RCC Contributor

Have yet to see the motor but I got my hands on the Castle 1/5 ESC last week. I am amazed at how compact it is for the power it must have going through it when installed in the Baja. The wires are huge!!
Home of the RadioControlMonsterPatrol
Proud Sponsor of RCTV

Rare R/C Parts

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
RCC Contributor

I've been out of the RC world for over a year.. When I heard that castle had a 1/5th scale ESC, I was very excited. But i was dissapointed at the same time. specs are only 8S, 160 Amp Max. But I loved that it had data logging. My MGM controller from over 4 years ago specs where 160A constant and 8S as well, but it didn't have the nice data logging. I was excited, so I purchased 3 of the Mamba XL to put into my 1/8th scale monster truck. This summer I will give them a good beating. I know they were build from the same foot print as Castle's ICE Air plane ESCs. I was really hoping it would do 12S or Greater. But I'm glad that castle has been first to get on the band wagon.
The Power of BRUSHLESS!!!!!
1HP (electric) = 746 Watts.
Everything is brushless!!
imported_Aqwut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.