Hobby Show Wrap-up Day 2 - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thank you to Tamiya for making this race possible. I'm sure that Tom Wright was instrumental in convincing the powers that be at Tamiya that they should support it.

I heard that JB designed the layout and I think he did a fantastic job. One of the best temporary layouts I have ever driven and a great use of the space that was provided. It was manageable by all skill levels and had a great flow. Also a big thanks to those who built and tore down the track for their hard work before and after the show.

If it wasn't for Martin Palenik I would not have had a chance to participate since I sold my 10th scale cars. That RB5 works GREAT on carpet!

The racing that took place during my main between Martin Petre, Ron Prinzen and I was some VERY close racing! I look forward to wheeling it with them again as soon as possible! :GRIN:

Hmmmm, great idea to do this once a month! Hopefully someone will run with that idea!
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #22
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: DerekS
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 1
Yes thanks to the Tamiya crew and everyone who helped out, definetly a race to remember.
Derek Sousa
1/8th Scale Nitro Offroad: Mugen Seiki, 1/10th Scale Electric Offroad: Team Durango
Mugen Seiki, Team Hardcore R/C, VP Power Masters Fuel, AKA, Alpha and Savox Factory Driver, HRP
2QK4U is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #23
Bill Jones
RCC Noob
I am: Bill Jones

Smile Re: Thank-you!

A BIG thank-you to Tom Wright, Tamyia-Borgfeldt Canada Team, Fastcats and MuchHobby for making the 2010 RC Hobby show happen! Great to see so many out again for some fun and racing!!!

Bill Jones
Bill Jones is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #24
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

A race at auto show would be a great idea, great way to introduce new people to the hobby, as is racing once a month!

Steve, that was some close racing, you caught up to me so fast, you seemed to come from nowhere! Can't wait to do it again!

Martin and I have had many classic battles like that in the past.
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #25
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Steven T

Thanks to everyone for making my first trophy race a great and memorable one. I had a blast. Here's to all the great guys on and off the track.
I would love to do this again (hopefully at the Auto show).
Tryin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
RCC Contributor

A great big thank you goes out to Tom and the rest of the crew who made this race happen. I had an absolute blast, it was great to run the car and see guys I haven't seen in ages, like a great big RC family..LOL I so hope the AutoShow race will happen. Again thanks to everyone who made this a race to remember.

-Josh W.

Oh BTW I would suport a once a month or every other month racing for sure, build it and they will come.
imported_DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #27
RCC Apprentice

I have to say that while I did enjoy watching a few minutes of racing with my kids, this was the most disappointing hobby show that I can recal. What happened to the manufacturers? If Tamiya sponsored this race why did they not have any product on hand for people to touch and look at? This was the smallest show yet. Besides Hobby Hobby, where were all the local retailers? To build this hobby people need to be able to see and touch readily available products. Except for cheap helicopters, radio control was the smallest represented hobby there. Makes me sad when i think back to what it used to be. While I'm sure the racing was great fun I can't help but wish I could get my $20 admission back.
imported_wilrayca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #28
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Re hobby show

I have to agree with you there. The rc race is pretty much the only reason to attend the hobby show
If you goto a hobby show in the USA rc items make up the majority of the booths with most of the big names in rc in attendance

It's sad to say that the big rc companies can't be bothered with a small market like canada and it's not worth their while for Tamiya , losi or associated to feature their products at a Canadian hobby show
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #29
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Tom W

It does suck that Show's in general at way down. I walked the largest Hobby Show in the US a few weeks back and it wasnít good. AE, Tamiya, HPI, XRAY, MUGEN, Kyosho, didnít attend just to name a few. The only major show in the hobby business left is in Germany.

Meetings that I have attended have data that shows like magazines, Consumer / trade shows are being replaced by Internet presence. I donít really agree cause I like to see and touch the latest stuff myself, but that isnít the majority. I am sure many of you remember being a kid waiting to see the newest latest thing at a show or store. Now you will see the latest thing on the net months before it even goes into production.

For Tamiya Canada, it was strictly a manpower issue. We had to decide and we chose the track instead of a display booth.

Thanks for all the kind responces! Glad to hear you guys had a good time racing.
TRFTOM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #30
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Derek P

the internet and webboards are the new hobby show. In the past trade shows were a great way to get you product out there. Now with the net and webboards, youtube and other things the whole alure of showing new products is gone, because people have already seen it online.
Derek Petre
KingCamber is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.