Summer Racing Series - Poll - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer for the 2011 Average Joe's Summer Series?
1) Race by race prizes 21 51.22%
2) End of series prizes 13 31.71%
3) No prizes, but lower entry fee's 7 17.07%
4) Other, please post below 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Lightbulb Summer Racing Series - Poll

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey everyone,

With the club racing this summer, I want to give something back to the racers. I would like your input on to aid me in my decision. Please let me know in the poll, and also in comments.

I will be collecting race fee's from each racer for each class on race days. Part of every entry will be set aside for prizes. The more entries, the better the prizes.

The question right now is, how would you prefer these prizes to be distributed? Options are:

1.On a race to race basis. At the end of each race event, the winners will be decided, and the prizes per class will be awarded. This path will allow more winners throughout the season, but less prizes for the winners.

2.An at the end of the season based on points. With this path, your outcome of all of the races will be awarded points and a standing created. Prizes will be awarded based on the most points at the end of the series. This way will give larger prizes, but to fewer people. This type of series would also have an additional modifier to help racers stay closer in rank. Possible example, each racers will have to drop their highest and lowest point race from the season. A no show counts as zero points, so if you miss a race, you can drop that one.

3.No prizes are given at all. Instead, the entry fee's will be reduced a little.

4. Other, Post your comments below.

Please let me know what your thoughts are. I want to make a great race environment that you can bring your kids to, and where you can relax and have a comfortable day of racing, but also get something back in return.

Please keep your comments on subject. To avoid confusion, I will be editing and removing posts that get off topic.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 AM   #2

Total Props: 0
I vote 100% for end of season as it give people something to shoot for, knowing you are racing for the possibility for cool prizes as well as the title of top racer at Average Joe's for the given season of club racing would be the most fun for me.

Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
RCC Contributor

id think it would be cool to have race bi race prizes but only small prizes but at the end of the season something big makes everyone feel like a winner
indoor: Durango DEX 410R.
indoor: Durango DEX 210.
indoor: Team Associated RC18T2.
outdoor: Hot Bodies D8 Hara
outdoor: Hot Bodies D8T.
imported_18SS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Race by race prizes, it's always the little things in life that matter
Nicholas Schweiger

On temporary back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #5

im for 1 or 2, doesnt matter to me. i come for the fun.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
RCC Contributor

Originally Posted by Malocchio View Post
im for 1 or 2, doesnt matter to me. i come for the fun.
I'm in the Malocchil, also possibly give a ticket for lucky draw instead upon paying for entry fee.
Tamiya F104,Tamiya 416WE and Team Durango 210
My wife says if I buy one more Rc car she is going to divorce me...................Man I am going to miss her!
imported_Redwings is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
RCC Apprentice

im totally down for 1 and too but just make it less prizes more spread out....
i just really want to get get back out on that dirt!!
Traxxas Slash 2WD....STRC,RPM+Proline=Retarted
Jammin SCRT10
Tamiya TT-01 Drift Monster

Gastons Auto Sales
slick300 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.