Sad news today - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 01-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #21
RCC Contributor
I am: Rob Say

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Petre family. I've had a few good races with Martin over the last couple years and he'll definitely be missed at the track...
Action Hobbies Kingsville | TeamAHK | Precision Hobbies | Hobbywing | Spektrum
Support your local hobby shop!
RobS is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
I'm beside myself reading this thread. It seems almost unbelievable that Martin is no longer with us. My condolences go out to the entire family.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be spilling some fuel in memory of Martin Petre the next time I race. I hope you all will join me.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #23
Pete Elphinstone Jr
RCC Junior Contributor

I was never a big off road racer but any races I did go to, no matter where they were Martin was there. He was my bar, as he was the one I set my goal on to race with come the mains.
The Elphinstone’s give their condolences to the Petre Family and his close friends.
Pete Elphinstone Jr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #24
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mike L

My condolences to all, To his family, his friends and fellow team members.. While i have had the chance to really get to know him i have seen him around the races i have been too and he had a few helpful pieces of advice for me in the pits. I don't know him personally but reading what everyone has written this hobby has lost a great person, a loving father and great friend!

R.I.P Martin.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #25
O'Donnell Racing Team Driver

I really don't know what to say. I'm having a hard time grasping the reality of all this. All my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. May you rest in peace Martin.
Paul P
Canadian Team Captain.

O'Donnell Racing the next world champ!!!
You can all start crying now.

O'Donnell Racing
O.S Engines
agent0075 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #26
RCC Contributor

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Derek. Your father was a great man and he will be deeply missed.
imported_vino1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #27
imported_Karma Racing
RCC Noob

A very sad day indeed

Derek I am very sorry for your loss... The world lost not only a champion racer, great friend. 20 years ago we met at Bayview speedway, your dad was and is a great person and will very much be missed by the Lee family and the Thompson's...
Just to let people what kind of guy Martin Petre was... Heres a article about him being awarded the Medal of Bravery...

The Governor General, the Right Honourable ADRIENNE CLARKSON, on the recommendation of the Canadian Decorations Advisory Committee, has awarded bravery decorations as follows:

Medal of Bravery

Hamilton, Ontario

On January 27, 2000, Martin Petre risked his life to save two friends whose snowmobile had plunged into the freezing Mississippi River, in Ompah, Ontario. Mr. Petre was following the lead snowmobile, with his two friends on board, when he saw them break through the ice and disappear into a 10-metre wide hole. Unable to reach them over the thin surface, Mr. Petre smashed a path through the thin ice, then lay down on his stomach, reached into the extremely cold water and on his third attempt, was able to grab hold of one friend's fingers and pulled him out. He then rushed to his other friend, and using the first victim's body as an anchor for his legs, he reached into the water, grabbed the man by the wrists and succeeded in pulling him out. Numbed by the icy water, the trio then walked more than a kilometre to a residence where they received assistance.

Thats the kind of person Martin Petre was

rest in peace friend.....

imported_Karma Racing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #28
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I know that Martin will be missed my many, and while I did not know him as well as many of you, I had the chance to race with him on a few occasions and more importantly talk with him off the track. The man seemed to love this hobby and it'll be different not seeing him trackside. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Petre family.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #29
RCC Contributor

My condolences to his family and close friends. Martin Petre was an icon in the Canadian racing scene. The pits will not be the same.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #30
RCC Contributor

I am floored by the news. My condolences go out to Derek & Family, and as previously posted please post up funeral arrangements as I'm sure many would love to come show their respects for Martin. He was one of the first people I met when I made the switch to offroad and was amazed by his love for the hobby. Pitting beside the Mugen Team won't ever be the same.

Rest in Peace Martn.

The Bortolotti's
S.Bortolotti is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.