Sad news today - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #31

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My condolences to you and your family. Met him briefly at sprucewood last summer....but like joe said, left a lasting impression in a short span ;(
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #32
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jeff F

I am absolutely in shock reading this, Derek my deepest condolences and sympathy to you and the rest of your family, my prayers will be with you.

Matrin was an amazing person, always willing to lend a hand or advice. He was a great person to race with and was always one of the people that I strove to be as good as or see if I could keep up with for more than a turn or two. Honestly the highlight of this last season of racing for me was going back and forth with him in E-Buggy for the first 3 or 4 minutesin the A Main of our final race this year battling back and forth for first before my front diff let go... I was so proud that I was finally able to be on his level, even if only for a few minutes.

The pits definitely will not be the same and sadly there will be one less friend at the track this year.

Rest in Peace Martin you were a great person and a great friend who will be missed by many and I am definitely one of them.
The Revolution is Coming...
Currently Racing:
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #33
RCC Supreme Contributor

First time I've cried in a long time!!!

I'm sooooo sorry Derek. I'm at a loss for words, but wish you my best at this terrible time. There's really nothing that can be said. You know exactly what your Dad meant to us all. I'll most certainly be paying my respects when the wake arrangements are made public.

Chewy and Jordan - I'm thinking of you guys too, and hope your okay! You've lost a best friend, and I feel great pain for you both. I'm sure Martin loved you guys the same way. You must miss him already. I sure know I do!

R/C racing seems so insignificant at a time like this, but I know it meant the world to him. Rest in peace Martin Petre, rest in peace.

imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 AM   #34
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Re martin petre

This is a great loss in the rc community.

I remember meeting martin for the first time at sids raceway when i first got into rc racing . I was racing my t4 and i broke a front arm and he came over to my pit area while i was wrenching and asked me if i had another arm . Of course being new i had no spare parts at all and martin literally took the arm off his own truck and gave it to me to get me back on the track.
He then took time to help me do a proper setup on my truck as well.
His friendly dimeanor left a lasting impression on me from the time i met him.

I really enjoyed battling it out with martin in monster truck class too in past seasons .

A great guy and a very humble man .

My condolences to you derek and your family
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #35
RCC Contributor

I am very sad this morning, i still can't believe it.

Last night i was working on my RC stuff getting everything ready for the upcoming season and thinking about how much i am excited to get out and hang/race with our great RC family.

Martin was always a great friend to me and even when i was just a rookie he took time to talk to me and teach me a few things. I can't even start to think about what it will be like without him at the races.

Jordan and Chewy i am thinking of you guys today.

My condolences go out to the entire family.

He may be gone but he will never be forgotten.

R.I.P. Martin
imported_smeerdude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #36
RCC Junior Contributor

Really sad news ...

Martin was one of the nicest person i met un RC

Condolences to the family
imported_Jerome is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #37
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bill N.

This is truly tragic! I am heartbroken to hear this.

To the Petre family - Martin was the kind of man we all looked up to. Kind, soft-spoken, whip-smart and generous. The kind of man who would be the first to compliment or lend a hand. I've never seen him lose his temper or his composure... not to mention that he was rocket-ship fast on the track!

In short, a rare type of person taken from us far too early. I will remember the good times (they were all good!) I had racing with Martin.

Whenever I see flash of gray hair walk by me at a race, I will always think of Martin!

My Condolences to the Petre Family.

Chequing Account Factory Team Driver.
Proudly sponsored by debt and taxes.
Speed Metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #38
RCC Junior Contributor

Sad news indeed. Been a bad year last couple of months for the RC community. Always a gentelman on and off the stand . He will be missed.
Glenwood R/C track and store owner
DOCTORDREW is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #39
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Joseph C.

Martin will be missed

It is with a very heavy heart that i am writing this post. Jay, Mollie and myself were very saddened by the news. Martin was a pillar of the RC community. If there was a race somewhere you can always bet that he was there to support and have fun with his friends. Derek i am sorry for your loss. You Father will be dearly missed by us all.

On Behalf on Jay Mollie and Myself, My condolences to you Derek and your family.
Hardcore R/C Track Owner
It's better to look at it then to look for it.
:GRIN: i been looking at it and i still can't find it.
Trakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #40
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile sad sad news

My Condolences to the Petre Family,like kevin taylor said i havent shed any tears in a long time.he was truly a great man he will be missed.all the best to the family.god bless
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.