Sad news today - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #51

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
My Condolences to the Petre Family, i met martin for the first time a few year's back at Hammertown hobby from then on seeing him local or at local track's we alway's talked last week he came out to Hotrods for some rc'in it was pretty busey but parked his stuff beside me in the pitts and handed me 4 wing's he had just made then i asked were they came from he said he made them i told him awsome the stock wings and bodies were useing never lasted i asked what he wanted for them he just laughted said i was sponserd by him i will miss him dearly along with alot of rc'ers

Rest in peace Martin

Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #52
mike vandusen
RCC Senior Contributor

Sad news today

Oh my God, i am so sorry to hear this. I too have been friends with him for over 20 years and it saddens me, i look back and smile cuz i know he was such a great guy to be friends with, always helpful and whitty. God bless, our prayers are with you.
Team Associated, JConcepts, Sidewinder fuel, Big Pimpin Paints, Pinnacle Hobbies, My Hot Wife !
mike vandusen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #53
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Derek P

Funeral will be held at
Crestmount Funeral Home
322 Fennell Avenue East, Hamilton Ontario l9A 1T2

Wednesday January 12th
6:00pm to 9:00pm

Thursday January 13th
11:00am, with reception to follow
Derek Petre
KingCamber is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #54
adam lancia
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Adam Lancia

My deepest condolences to to you Derek and your family, Martin was a great human being and will always be remembered for his kindness and helpful ways. My condolences to everyone whose life was touched by Martin, to say that he will be greatly missed couldn't be a bigger understatement. Rest in Peace friend.
adam lancia is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #55
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

Words can't describe how shocked and saddened I am by this news. But even more so I can't imagine what you and your family must be going through Derek. My most heartfelt and sincere condolences to you and your family. Know that your father was a great friend to many and will be missed very much. It simply won't be the same without him.

RIP Martin
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #56
RCC Contributor
I am: Tim S.

That's terrible. I'm very sorry to hear that. I didn't know him as well as many of you did, but I knew him well enough to know he was a pretty cool guy. My condolences to his family and friends.
tim.sanderson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #57
Ballistic Racing/Hotbodies Team Captain

My condolences to you and your family Derek. It's a sad day for r/c and for everyone to lose such a great guy. RIP Martin you will be missed.
Louie Zigurella
imported_Ziggy355 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #58
RCC Contributor
I am: Jeff G

Very sad news and a total shock to wake up to in Australia. My condolences to Derek and family. As a new guy in MT, Martin was the guy I always wanted to beat, all the while knowing, I didn't have a chance.

Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #59
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Derek P

Derek Petre
KingCamber is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #60
RCC Apprentice
I am: Philip L
Radio of choice:
Futaba 3PKS
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1
Martin Petre

Yesterday, the world at large suffered a loss and the R/C world an immeasurable loss with the untimely passing of Martin Petre age 53.
I have had the pleasure of racing with and against Martin over the last twenty plus years, on-road, off-road, indoors and outdoors. I cannot ever remember hearing a harsh word from him, on the track or off, a true gentleman, Martin was always a game competitor. He raced with tenacity but was never reckless. Martin was the only real hero I knew, very few people were aware that he saved two peoples lives and received the Canadian Medal of Bravery. That was the humble gentleman that he was, always there to help you or lend you parts to repair your broken ride. Martin was an all around R/C guy, cars, buggys, boats, planes, trucks and choppers of all scales. I can visualize Martin wrenching his ride, getting ready for the mains...
respectfully yours in R/C
Philip Lee
filzemail is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.