Martin Petre memorial glorcs race - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 09-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #61
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
A big thanks to Joe and average joe's crew, you did an amazing job.

Also big thanks to chewie for the track maintenance

Moreover i would like to thanks all peoples giving me a lot of support :
Marlene, Marco, Daniel and his dad, Steeve, the old george, peter and his dad, Jay and Joe, Ron, the sousa family and all the others that i may forget.

I'll be back faster and stronger next year for other epic battles with dave (good job on this one) and the others

First MPM was simply the best race of the year
imported_Jerome is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 AM   #62
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Smile great way to end the season

talk about ending the outdoor season on a high note!

where to start. track layout was amazing and a real blast to drive on. great job joe f , john bakker and the eat dirt racing crew for providing us with such a fun track to race on . track held up so nice and didnt need a drop of water during the racing . chewy you da man !!!!

joe ferguson and the vineland speedway crew did a phenominal job running the event . very organized and getting all the mains finished so early on sunday was a huge plus. you guys really stepped it up this weekend and had things running like a well oiled machine .

martin would be proud of everyone who pulled together to make this event such a sucess .

looking forward to attending this race for many years to come.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #63
RCC Master Contributor

Like others noted, this was a great finish to another great racing season. Thanks to Joe, Chewy and the rest of the track crew for a great track layout.

Joe - Hats off to you for gathering all the sponsors and a big Thanks to those sponsors for their donations. It was nice to see so many prizes given away to the racers at this event!

I really enjoyed this weekend and it was very well organized. Thanks to Kevin for running the GLORCS series this year.

A great weekend with friends to remember Martin!
Chris Capelo
TLR, Horizon Hobby, Spektrum, Nitrotec, Pinnacle Hobby, UpgradeRC
imported_C.Capelo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #64
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile Awesome & thanks

I would first like to thank everyone that was involved with this race & set-up...this was one of the best races of the was nice to see alot of old & new faces at this race.also a big big thanks to performance hobbies /pete,dad & wife for all there help & for the new xray truggy,worked great...finally a podium a big thanks to adrian,tommy g,tommy b,kg,rob,kevin,andrew & the rest of the rodero drive crew,& who ever else i might have for gotton,thanks for all your help this year & season...this was one of the best years so far as i did a lot of racing this year.also the new guys that started racing this year outdoor,by the way have been super fast great job know who you up the great work.also to all the yellers,screamers,fighters,cry babies & haters....try to tone it down on & off the drivers stand & tracks next ITS JUST A HOBBY....ITS BEEN A GREAT GREAT YEAR...THANK YOU MARTIN PETRE FOR HAND PICKING ME FOR A TROPHY...I TRULY MISS YOU MY OLD FRIEND..GOD BLESS YOU...DERICK PETRE ALSO THANKS...GOD WILLING SEE YOU ALL NEXT SEASON.
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #65
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris topher

Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Actually, funny story. When I opened the track, I called it Average Joe's Raceway. Martin urged me to change my mind and call it the Vineland Speedway.
I said no, and stuck with my idea. Well, Martin didn't agree and flooded the Internet with Vineland Speedway.
Long story short, no one calls it Average Joe's Raceway
Joe, Thanks for sharing that story, I often wondered how the name change came about ! I guess the customer is always right, lol !

What a great weekend ! Fantastic Job by everyone involved. Joe and his crew at Average Joe's, Mr. Baker and the Eat Dirt crew, Mr. Henry for the help sorting out some issues with the truggy, and pitting, and of course ... to Martin - Thanks for the brilliant weather! I knew you would be looking down on us watching.

Some great battles, and tonnes of fun ! I think I now have to get myself a new Short Course !!!
GearHead is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #66
RCC Supreme Contributor

Originally Posted by Ron_Prinzen View Post
Sunday Pics....there's a few..sorry not sorted
Great shots Ron! HEY!!! Did you happen to get a shot of the ebuggy that caught fire? Oh...wait a sec... :GRIN:
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #67
Resident complainer

Yeah Ron, great pics!

I also forgot to thank the Caster/NERD guys for letting me pit with them in their tent, I really appreciated it! Also, big thanks to Peter Mitchell and the rest of the short course guys for the help this weekend!
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #68
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Here are Saturday Pics

Also like to thank Brotherdirt, for the use of his extra radio, since I forgot mine at home
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #69
RCC Noob

I think I can speak for the rest of the Glenwood crew and say that we had a blast as usual this weekend. I wish we had more people come up but a couple bailed at the last minute. I have to admit to watching a lot of the truggy A-main battle while I was out on the track marshaling , but that was a great clean battle between Derek and Brian and I love to see stuff like that. Track was challenging for sure on Sunday but it was fun nevertheless. Had tons of fun in ebuggy against George, Peter and Jay L.(thanks again for the pit help). Nitro buggy was super fun too, wish I didn't lose my podium spot on the last lap by parking it against the pipe One of these years I'll figure out this whole nitro thing. This really was a great way to honor Martin as we always had a great time racing with him on both sides of the border. We'll definitely be back.

- Rick R.
rrickmin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #70
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Brotherdirts' "Martin" moment...
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.