Short Course Racing 2011 - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

View Poll Results: Will you run 2wd or 4wd SC next year?
2wd at Glorcs Events 4 11.43%
4wd at Glorcs Events 4 11.43%
2wd elsewhere 9 25.71%
4wd elsewhere 18 51.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick0 View Post
Well you better clarify this cause I know there is a lot of people who are seriously considering if not already changed to e-truggy with the impression that it will be run at GLORCS this year and you will have a lot of upset people if that doesn't happen.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I intend to post a clarification thread right away but I have NO idea where anyone would have gotten the sense that GLORCS was offering e-truggy!?! It was discussed on the forums in threads started by David MacLean, and subsequently at the open meeting, but apart from that, I don't know why people would have been under the impression it was being offered!?! I'll go clarify it now.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
imported_mavrick0
RCC Contributor

Well Kevin I think you are really going to loose out this year then. Between dropping SC and now saying no to a new and fast growing class. I believe there was a discussion on the forums about who all would be interested in E-truggy and there was a lot of interest I know that doesn't always lead to entries but look at what e-buggy has done in the last few years, e-truggy isn't far behind.
imported_mavrick0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick0 View Post
Well Kevin I think you are really going to loose out this year then. Between dropping SC and now saying no to a new and fast growing class. I believe there was a discussion on the forums about who all would be interested in E-truggy and there was a lot of interest I know that doesn't always lead to entries but look at what e-buggy has done in the last few years, e-truggy isn't far behind.
I couldn't agree more about the likelihood of e-truggy becoming a wildly popular class. The problem is, I'm the director of a traveling race series and as such, I need to do what's best for it. Not for me.

Incidentally, I've posted another thread about this topic.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #14

Total Props: 57
I will be running SC10 in 2WD and SCRT10 in 4WD.

I will be running these at the Vineland Speedway Series, as well as Tillsonburg, RCPS, and a couple other tracks.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #15

funny how the most popular offroad RC class to date is overlooked... so much for the series attracking "new racers". Adding new racers to the series was a hot topic a few months ago. I thought traxxas had a hand in the series as sponsors?

VINELAND for SC racing!!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
Nate T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalShield View Post
funny how the most popular offroad RC class to date is overlooked... so much for the series attracking "new racers". Adding new racers to the series was a hot topic a few months ago. I thought traxxas had a hand in the series as sponsors?

VINELAND for SC racing!!
Its hardly been the most popular in Ontario.
8th buggy and truggy have been a higher draw by far. We all knew what the glorcs was running a while ago, so why is everyone busting Kevin's balls now about it?
Im sure that if it is proven that SC and E truggy are huge draws, that it will for sure be on the GLORCS "to race" list.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #17
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

I think the new TEN-SCTE 4WD Short Course by Losi looks like a pretty cool truck it looks to be designed off of the Losi buggy. I am sure it will handle well and be very competitive. But I really think I am going to stick with the 4wd sc10 from associated. I am really looking forward to racing this class this year where ever it is offered.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastburn View Post
Its hardly been the most popular in Ontario.
8th buggy and truggy have been a higher draw by far. We all knew what the glorcs was running a while ago, so why is everyone busting Kevin's balls now about it?
Im sure that if it is proven that SC and E truggy are huge draws, that it will for sure be on the GLORCS "to race" list.

It's in our hands now.
If we want to have these classes added to series like GLORCS, we need to prove at our local tracks that it can be large and consistent class.

Once organizers see that e-Truggies are making it out to the tracks and they can have full classes, the interest will be there, and it will be accepted.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #19

hmmm, Im a newbie and let me look at the "cost" of running in the Glorcs series... 1200 for a race ready "competitive" 1/8 nitro car VS. 450 for a race ready "competitive" SC.

I dont think anyone is trying to bust Kevin's balls and I know we're pulling teeth on this topic again but the point is, the series asked how to attrack new racers... this is how!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #20
imported_mavrick0
RCC Contributor

I totally agree and really who could've said back when the meeting was held that Losi, AE, Durango, Jammin, etc were all going to be coming out with 4wd SC's. I know myself, Adam and Jeff all tried to make a go of it last year in the series.
imported_mavrick0 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in