Clarification: Glorcs classes for 2011 - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #71
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The merge would also not work as the point of having E-Truggy for me was that I would also run Nitro Truggy as they share tires and leave my Buggy at home!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #72
RCC Contributor

I am: Steve Taylor

NOW that we seem to have things hammered out can we please change the tone of the thread back to making fun of Kevin. It's VERY easy to do and makes one feel better about yourself!! LOL I'll start.... CAAAAASSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRBATOR !!!!
007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #73
imported_smeerdude
RCC Contributor

on a more positive note.

only 2 months, 4 days, 18 hours, until i get to kick Steve Taylor's (007) AGAIN at the T-burg RACE.
imported_smeerdude is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #74

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeerdude View Post
on a more positive note.

only 2 months, 4 days, 18 hours, until i get to kick Steve Taylor's (007) AGAIN at the T-burg RACE.
LMAO...Can i get a Hellz Ya !!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #75
RCC Contributor

I am: Steve Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeerdude View Post
on a more positive note.

Ok bring it!!! dumb ( smeerdude) and dumber (Andrew67).
007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #76

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Ok bring it!!! dumb ( smeerdude) and dumber (Andrew67).
LMAO...thats a good one !
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #77
imported_shipwama
RCC Contributor

Throwing out a suggestion, pick a certain 2 or 3 ( any amount) of races, and invite those E-truggy races out to show what the class is about, numbers and everything. Let them run and prove they belong in the series(i believe numbers should dictate). Just a suggestin!:IDEA:
imported_shipwama is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #78
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

Kevin has his finger on the pulse of what is going on as does Joe Parent and I think they are doing the right thing across the board.
The E cars are cool and clearly the buggies are "the" class right now, I just don`t see E Truggies EVER being 1/2 what buggies are or will be ! Lets face it, we are mostly Canadians and by that I think we are more of that "grass-roots" type of rc racers and most pockets aren`t as deep as some.

The melting speed controllers and smoking batteries are pretty cool from a nitro guys point of view though ! Im always looking for a good laugh !
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #79
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

Jordan, I agree and that can be said too about Nitro.. I mean does the Nitro buggy not out weight the Nitro Truggy? in terms of contenders and heats?

I think as technology comes around your going to find more and more electric. Many many new people are getting into Electric over nitro for the reason of simplistic needs at a race track. ( no pit man, No mess , no tuning, no warming up engines ).. And with new people to the hobby moving right into electric and not running nitro as the current nitro racers start phase out of the racing scene these new comers are coming with a totally different mind set of racing..

So as a series your going to have to open your eyes and see this and welcome it or watch your participation drop slowly over time.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #80
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAK View Post
Kevin has his finger on the pulse of what is going on as does Joe Parent and I think they are doing the right thing across the board.
The E cars are cool and clearly the buggies are "the" class right now, I just don`t see E Truggies EVER being 1/2 what buggies are or will be ! Lets face it, we are mostly Canadians and by that I think we are more of that "grass-roots" type of rc racers and most pockets aren`t as deep as some.

The melting speed controllers and smoking batteries are pretty cool from a nitro guys point of view though ! Im always looking for a good laugh !
I predict that Jordan will be running an e-buggy in the 2012 series, as will Marco and Marlene. Heck even Steve Di-Pa-Bleep-O and 'The George' are running e-buggy this year - the two BIGGEST skeptics of the class!
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in