1/16 BL E-REVO Over-heating issues (new to bl and electric period) - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by BigBoyWithCoolToys View Post
Hello, well I`m sort of a newb to electric rc`s as it is and I just picked up a mini e-revo a little while ago and i cannot run the damn thing for more then five minutes without the ESC cutting to half power (red light flashing on ESC) and eventually shutting off. I`m running the revo all stock (except RPM A-arms) with the power cell nimh battery that comes with it, i have the high speed pinion gear in, and the stock tires and even before i changed the pinion it still did this i was wondering also while im at it, with the gearing on the pinion lower, does it really make a difference? it`s a 23t, i read something about having to compensate with bigger tires? I`m really confused HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!
When you changed the pinion, did you mesh it properly? If the pinion is too close to the spur gear it will put more load on your motor. I would suggest you check that to start.

Second, since you are probably going to be loosening the motor to check the pinion mesh (or correct it), I would try rolling the truck without the pinion touching the spur gear (pushing it by hand) - does it appear to roll freely? You'll be able to tell if there is resistance which would be another cause for more load on the motor.

Lastly - check the settings on your ESC as per the manual. Reset it to factory settings. BTW - how are you charging your Power Cell Battery? Could it be that the charger you are using is not fully charging the battery?
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
buy a cheap temp gun and temp the motor the moment it shuts off. i fits low, like 100 f or 130 f then its ok. if you're above 190 f then you are overheating for sure.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice
I am: Bryce D

Total Props: 0
Thanks alot guys, i`ve snce found out my problem! I WAS RUNNING THE ESC IN LIPO MODE LOL!!!! so the low voltage indicator was coming on and cutting meto half power and i confused it for the over heating indication! I told you im very new to electric and don`t know a damn thing at all, thanks alot guys its greatly appreciated and i`ll be sure to ask questions here if anything new arises, I also got a new ESC cooling fan to keep my temps real low, I temped it a few days ago with my gun and it read 98 after beating the lights outta the motor and doing lots of speed runs, so its at a pretty good temp IMO I`m also going to order some zippy flightmax 2s lipos and run them parralell for insane run time and lots of power! i`ll let you guys know how it goes, i`ve also since installed some RPM A-arms and kncukles so she sure as hell takes a HUGE beating Love this car! Cheers -Bryce
BigBoyWithCoolToys is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.