Hardcore RC Possible Sunday Series Changes - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

View Poll Results: Split Sunday Series into two distinct nitro + electric series?
We should stay the same and close registration after the cap is met. 36 65.45%
We should split nitro + electric so no one is turned away while adding E-Truggy and SC 4wd classes. 19 34.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Possible Sunday Series Changes

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello Racers.

With the increased demand for the Hardcore Sunday Series we are looking to change things around for the better to allow more people to participate in our racing.
There are several options that we have discussed but one has stood out being very cost effective for the racer and alleviating pressure on our Sunday Series races. This is changing electric e-buggy racing to Saturday evenings. This is not meant to drag the Sunday Series to a two day event but give racers the second option of another independent series.

With this solution we can refine electric racing to not only include e-buggy racing but also e-truggy and Short Course 4wd.

This would be a test run for the 2011 season. Here is how I propose to do this.

A 4 race series, best 2 of 4 on the same weekends as Sunday Series
Sat June 4th
Sat June 18th
Sat July 30th
Sat August 13th

Like is said before run E-Buggy, E-Truggy and SC 4wd

Racing starts at 4:30pm with practice before.

Costs would be $15 first class, $10 second and $5 third.

I hope there is a positive response to this and that people realize that we do not want to turn anyone away due to caps and we are trying to best accommodate both nitro and electric racers.

I have consulted with a few racers already to get an opinion and it seems to be really positive towards this idea.

We are going to open this up as a poll. Please only enter the poll if you have raced with us at hardcore before so we can get an accurate projection on what our racers want to see.

Jay Cristiano
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Dave Lyons

I would rather see 2 days to get it all in then to split it.
Dirt off-road is fun but carpet is where the REAL racing is.

2010 Hardcore Series Nitro Buggy 5th
2010 GLORCS Series Nitro Buggy 7th
Dave_Lyons is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Sean R

I think its a great idea putting the electrics on a seperate day, iam not sure how well it will fly with how many ppl seemed to ditch there Nitro Truggy for an E-buggy. I would imagine a lot of folks will not want to race 2 days.

Look forward to seeing what pans out.

:IDEA:Saturday Night is Ladies Night at Hardcore! Bring your electrics ladies!!!LMAO
ROBILLARD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
RCC Contributor

I hope we dont go this route. Many of us run only 2 classes and we drive more then an hour to get to the race. Your Sunday series is perfect for those who can only do one day per weekend. Use RC sign up and cap it. Thats only my opinion others might feel differently.
imported_smeerdude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Joseph C.

I have to tell you guys that this poll result is for our information purposes and is not indicative of the final outcome or implementation. We appreciate everyones participation and opinion.
Hardcore R/C Track Owner
It's better to look at it then to look for it.
:GRIN: i been looking at it and i still can't find it.
Trakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Jamie James
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jamie G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 3PKS
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 2
I voted to keep it as is. It is much easier for me to get away for a Sunday, then it is on a Sat night. Plus, by the sounds of it electric only races loose 2 races off the season.

That said, I would also run etruggy if it was on Sun.

Not to mention what Bryan said. Alot of guys run both nitro and electric. That would mean they either drop one or every race becomes a 2 day event.
Jamie James is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor

It's gonna' be a rough year for me. After a string of 20+ race weekend summers, I now work every Saturday, and apart from the 7 race GLORCS series, I was counting on the Hardcore Sunday Series. It's the only other event I am able to consistently participate in, since it falls on my day off.

Regardless of what you decide to do, I'll be there on Sunday's for nitro but...if electrics get moved to Saturdays, I won't be able to race electric.

We all have our own personal agendas when it comes to voting on situations like this. I just thought I'd share mine.

...fingers crossed!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Derek P

what about an extension on the driver stand and larger heats to accommodate the extra entries? The track is large enough to be able to race with more people per heat.
Derek Petre
KingCamber is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
i can afford to run 2 classes in one day. i can't afford the time or money to make the trip twice in one weekend. i also don't want to have to choose one over the other and leave one kit at home gathering dust. hope it stays as it is so i can make it out.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
RCC Junior Contributor

Electric is for NERDS! anyway......Sorry, probably should have kept that to myself. My bad
imported_maverick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.