Dirt 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 05-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Dirt 3

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So I went out and rented Dirt 3 yesterday, got into it a bit and was eventually roaming through different vehicles & classes of vehicles when I stumbled upon a 1:1 Game Version of the Traxxas Rally Fiesta once I saw that I immediately started looking through there Off-Road Trucks section for a Slash, lol

But there was none

Just thought I would share, I don't really recall ever seeing Name Brand Hobby R/C's in a Video Game before, I think that's awesome.....Traxxas is doing a lot for this hobby.

P.S. In the movie "Alvan & The Chipmunks", the R/C they blast around int the Living Room is an E-Maxx

EST1982 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I bought it yesterday . Much more fun with the wheel. I find the controller throws it into the corners so hard it slides.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

controler racing is tough to be smooth, most people jerk steer.. i try to be smooth but its hard and i forget alot

dirt2 was good, ill be sure to rent this

currently playing fallout 3.. was 12$ used, and its got 40 hours of play or so

played NV already, liked it more
imported_Ellis420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

I promised myself to not buy any new games until the season was over. Really enjoyed Dirt 2 and have been looking forward to Dirt 3 for a while.

I figure Bethesda owes me about 600 hours of my life back.
BigR is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
RCC Contributor

Quick tip for controller driving in Dirt 3 and any other racing game:

Turn off all assists and the suggested line. For one, stability management will slow the car mid-slide, and you will just lose power and continue to slide. You can do this yourself if you want by switching to the appropriate gear. The idea with sliding a car is that you can still steer it with the throttle.

Use manual transmission. Being able to select gears will give you a whole bunch more options for controlling the attitude of the car.

For the suggested line, just ditch it. It's designed to make it so your mom can get through the Rally Finland course without crying. It is so far from the fastest and most controllable line through the course that it is not worth learning the bad habit. Same thing goes for EVERY racing game. Turn off the suggested line and learn where the breaking zones are(via landmarking, etc.) and where the apexes are. Eventually, you will choose where the apex is.

I have achieved various top leaderboard rankings in racing games over the last ten years using these ideas.

Enjoy. Racing is the bestest.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
tmaxx 2.5
RCC Apprentice
I am: Kennedy P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Looks like a fun game REALLY want it but I don't have the money for it right now so yeah
tmaxx 2.5 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
tmaxx 2.5
RCC Apprentice
I am: Kennedy P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

I got the game it is awesome
tmaxx 2.5 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.